Disneyland on Superbowl Sunday

Christine

Anyone in the SoCal area planning on going this coming Sunday? It shouldn't be crowded so I'm heading up there with friends and family. Quite a few people I've talked to said how empty the park was last Superbowl. Gotta ride Pirates as much as possible before they close it in March. I still think changes to it to be like the movies is stupid, but anyway.....Too bad Haunted Mansion is closed til March 11th. Everytime I go up there I've been missing going from Pirates to Haunted Mansion, my 2 faves.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Well, it ended up being more crowded than expected. Even tho last year's superbowl wasn't, it was also before all the 50th celebration. I'm sure a lot of people were taping the game. There were lots of guys wearing football jerseys, ugh! Go home people-lol! Anyway, my friends and family still had fun anyway.

Here we are on the last ride of the day, Splash Mountain. My friend Jenna and I look like hooded pirate monks. We both have those POTC hoodies. We avoided getting wet tho. My friend Katie and my sister Sabrina weren't as lucky-lol!

splashmountain-pic.jpg

Front is Sabrina, behind her is Katie, then me and then Jenna. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Looks like ye had a great time! So, how many times did ye ride Pirates of the Caribbean?

Ye did miss seein' the POTC teaser during the Superbowl and a Sharpie commercial with a pirate! Here's a link to the Sharpie commercial:

http://www.sharpie.com/sanford/consumer/sh...?_requestid=805

And hopefully this link to the POTC teaser will work:

mms://media.vitalstream.com/bvim_sitestream_com/POTC2/Pirates2_TV_Superbowl_0300.wmv?media=1971311&package=1848240

I've seen the full trailer for the movie Narnia so all is good there. That's a funny Sharpie commercial-lol!

Only rode Pirates once, the line was a bit long yesterday. But eh, no worries, I have an annual pass, I go quite a lot. Planning on going again this coming Thursday. :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I have to vote for DisneyWorld - so many more choices. I like Disneyland as the classic original but living near DW you get so a lot more bang for the annual pass buck.

-- Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I still long for the day til when I'm able to go to Disneyland Paris. Their Pirates and Phantom Manor aka Haunted Mansion are the best out of all the parks world-wide! They didn't take out the chase scene in Pirates, this is not called the Boy Scouts of the Caribbean-lol! No toned down ride over there! :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg