MegaBloks Pyrates Wave 2 hits!

John_Young

Have any of ye seen the new wave of Pyrates?

I found one tonight at the Mart of Walls. It's the Shark raft. A big Sea Marauders raft with a huge shark and 2 SM figures, and a monkey. Well a gibbon at least...

Inside, the information stuff shows 2 more skull sets, these are painted gold and only have 2 figures... not 3 as previous. Also no treasure chests and only 1 skull has a cannon.

I looks like the SMs have a new captain and about 6 or 8 more crew. Privateers get about 6 or so crew, and the Skeleton Crewe gets about 10 more by the look of it.

But wait, there's more. The King Pyrate's map has changed, gone is the Privateer ship on it and more locations are added.

And... there's a new faction. The ghost pirates, called the Lost Souls or some such. You can get the interesting Ghost Vs Skeleton in one of the new skulls. There only looks to be 4 ghosts total so it will be interesting to see what other sets they'll be releasing.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Update: According to the Megabloks site... they don't list the raft I just bought. But it lists both Skulls and apparently they're releasing 4 packs of 3 figures. Should be interesting!

But are the Privateer's ever going to get their own ship?

Lets all hope that they don't go too much like their Dragons line and just release new factions every 6 months so that the cool factions are cancelled.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

I knew something was up when I saw the ad for the Treasure Island set and it had the PotC2 logo on it...

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

of yers!"

Well if you can't answer questions about that... maybe you can answer some regular Pyrates questions:

Why do the Sea Marauders have a new captain?

Will the SMs ever get their own island like the Skeltons and Privateers have?

Why Ghosts?

I've looked at the poster that comes with the shark raft and I notice that even considering the 2 new skulls, the raft, and the 4 3-figure sets... there's still a lot of missing figures... So what else is coming?

Will the Privateers ever get a ship?

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

of yers!"