Metal pirate coins

Barbados Sam

I'm looking for a good source for small dubloon copies in gold and / or silver to hand out to kids at Ren Faires. I found them at a local pirate swag shop for 75 cents each, but I was hoping to find a better deal with a quantity purchase. Don't want the cheap plastic coins.

On a related note, I'd also be interested in finding someone to press very simple coins with my name or something on them that would be a more personal hand-out.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Hi Sam!

I got a nice big pile of metal coins from deadmentellnotales.com, lasted me a whole year, handing them out at various places. They only costed a smidgeon more than the junky plastic ones, and they really light up people's faces, especially kids! I got a bunch of assorted sizes, from doubloons, eight reals, shillings,etc.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Well if you are after a custom coin., thats a bit more spendy .

Tokens Direct At .07 with a minimum order of 5000 and custom art work your about a k for starters..., This something we have been debating for the resort. Good advertisement and can be good for a soda or what have you.

These people do alot for Mardi-Gras Krewes.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Thank ye lads. Both links were very helpful B)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Our own site, Pyrates of the Coast, sells all the same coins as Dead Men Tell No Tales plus others for less than DMTNT.

Visit http://www.piratesofthecoast.com/shop to view the products.

-- Hurricane

If you do order from DMTNT, allow extra time - they're not always the quickest shipper and count all your order - they have math problems on occasion.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I particularly like the antiqued ones as well as the ones that match certain cities and periods. They each have a history of the coin included.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Ya can get them in person at NQG any faire they attend. THAts where I gots mine plunder fer me treasure chest. I may order more though soon from pirates of the coast. I like those antiquated ones! Very COol !

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

We hand them out to the kids. Compared to the cost of a pin, the coins are pretty cheap. Beads are much less expensive, but the kids actually keep the coins...

- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny