I need prayer too

My Aunt called today to say that my Grandma took a miss step off the porch fell, and broke her hip. She will need surgery an she will spend some time in rehab. I know she will be well for she is a strong lady. As for me, I put in a request for a "tub lift" please pray that it will come soon. Yes a shower chair is alright, but I am a woman,and a woman without her "bubble bath" Is like icecream without chocolate. :ph34r: But seriously, it is the pain in my hips that is making it so difficult for me now, and a nice hot bath helps the circulation (keeps my legs warm), thus keeps my hips from hurting.

I know this all is probably too much info, but I thought if you knew why then you know what to pray for

Thank you

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Aye Miss Kendra th' Sea Maid, I be prayin' fer ye. Reckon, things always work ou' fer th' best in th' long run. I pray that yer Grandmother an' yer prayers be answered in good time. Additionally, ye can pray fer some young 15 voyage old teen named Jimmy I know who attempted suicide today by downin' a lot o' bunkin' pills. Way too young t' be havin' these types o' problems. :ph34r:

signature4.jpg]

I'm sendin you all good strength and healing thoughts.. like pop bubbles but they are supposed to help you.

Kendra, look into what your insurance can do about it, they may pay for part of it.

as for your Gran, if she's like you, she has inner strength and a will to live. And.... she has you!

as for the young man, I hope he can get the counseling he nneds to stop this now... its a permanant solution to a temperary condition...

hugs to you all....

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

I'm sendin you all good strength and healing thoughts.. like pop bubbles but they are supposed to help you.

Kendra, look into what your insurance can do about it, they may pay for part of it.

Yes insurance has paid for alot of things that I have needed, but it has to be approved first. That is what I am waiting for. A hot tub would be great, when I become a famous author that is the first thing I am going to buy! My Grandmother goes in for her surgery today.

And as for young Jimmy, I will certainly pray for him to get the help he needs. Also please tell this young man from me, that there is a 29 year old woman in a chair, who has been in that chair all of her life, and through God's help she has learned to take each day has it comes. And when the world comes against her, and every thing gets dark she turns to God and together they get pyratical on their ass! :P Don't give up on life kid, you are here for a purpose and a reason. It may not seem clear now, but is always the darkest before the dawn

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Sending good thoughts and prayers to everyone mentioned in this thread, as well as whatever is needed for Miss Kendra to enjoy bubble baths everyday!

Blessings,

Ciaran

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Aye, Me prayers ar headed up for ye Kendra as well as grandmother and young Jimmy.

Kendra and God a gettin pyratical, Now thar be good mates that which none can beat.

Laus Deo,

Steven

Soli Deo Gloria ( don't ask me for any more Latin thats pretty much all I know)

Anyway Grandma is out of surgery and is in her room, she will be ther a few days, and then she will go for rehab. Everything went well.

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Aye, Kendra me lass, ye do indeed have my sincerest and most heartfelt prayers always, as do your Grandmother and the young lad afore mentioned. :) :lol:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Kendra My sea sister you know my thoughts and prayers are always with you. I will pray you get both the hot tub and a big bath with lots of jets so you have plenty of room for your fins. *grins* and of course that your Grandmother recovers quickly. I did not break my hip but for some reason my femur is still not healing so I know what it is like to have a lOONg recovery and I will pray hers is very short.

As Always..

Siren

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Glad to hear your grandmother got through surgery - it's a long road ahead, but if she has your kind of strength, she should be able to get through the rehab in short order.

I hope you get your tub lift - you should be able to have bubble baths whenever you want them! Jacuzzi jets are good too - isn't there a portable jacuzzi unit that fits in a regular bath?

RHJMap.jpg

Prayers and good wishes your way. Remember, insurance companies like to save money. Convincing them that it will save them money in future pain medication costs by purchasing you a bath tub lift will work in your favor. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Prayers and good wishes your way.  Remember, insurance companies like to save money.  Convincing them that it will save them money in future pain medication costs by purchasing you a bath tub lift will work in your favor. B)

Believe me, after 29 years of my situation, we have learnd how to word things properly.

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

you don't have to ask twice - after having a paraplegic husband - it's amazing what things are a necessity that able bodied folk consider a luxury. hope all works out in your favor and your grandmother has a speedy recovery! much love :huh:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

MAy peace wash over all as we look wit hope fer answered Prayer here.

That me pray fer Kendra ,grandmother and Jimmy,and fer the unspoken as well.

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 2 weeks later...

Kendra, continuing to keep ye and yer family in God's light. How be yer grandmother now?

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

She is doing well, she is in a nursing home while she recouperates, and gets PT this is for a few weeks. Then she will be sent home, Her dog Casey (who is as big as Marmaduke, no joke) Will be put in a kennel for a time while getting around her home. Don't want him tp trip her while she is re learnig how to get around the house. As for me still waiting to hear from the guy about the tub lift. We and our little farm survived the storm today, we are all praying that the water receeds and that all the animals stay healthy.

Oh also, my travling compaion, is getting married the 24th of this month to a wonderful man. So please pray that they always remain the best of friends as they are right now. And yes, Ciaran I too want prayer in the romance department as well. I know, I did not need to put that down, but I think I know you well enough to know you would have called me on it if I didn't :lol:

Thanks again to one and all!

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

• 2 weeks later...

An update: Talked with my Grandma, and she sounds, to be quite honest terrible. Not only dose she have a head cold, but she is really depressed. Two reasons:

1. She has to stay in the nursing home a little while longer

2. She will be (once she is out) moving out of her old home, the home I have known all my life as "Grandma's House" so you are talking almost 30 years, into a smaller home in town. So needless to say she is down.

I want to say that the move is not because of her accident. It is because the house is so old and it is hard for her to do the up keep to the home. So she has been thinking about this for awhile. It is just with the fall, it added to an already stressfull situation. So please pray that she stays strong and that God gives her peace in the midst of the storm.

My hip pain and muscle tone are getting worse, those of you that have CP know what I am talking about. I have to do something, now. So I am in the process of trying to get into the YMCA. THEY HAVE A HEATED POOL!! and the water would be good therapy for me. I guess I am a real mermaid after all. And yes we are still in the process to get the tub lift, and still no word.

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Kendra my little sea sister my thoughts and prayers are always with you..*Big hugs* Let me know if i can do anything. I know I have not been on much my aim is acting up and Im back at work and therapy..But leave me a pm darlin..Im here for you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Sending you lots of love and light!!!! I can relate to the hip pain....had a horse kick my out of joint and crack the ball...no fun....chin up and stay positive!!! {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} :) I am taking care of my 94 year old Gma and it is hard, she has always been the "head" of the family...now she has a bone disorder and all I can do is sit here, help her with her PT and keep her company. If you need to talk I am just an e-mail away!!!!!

"If you would have fought like men you would not die like dogs!" Anne Bonney

Women who behave rarely make history! - unknown

"SAFETY MEETING!!!!" Capt. Mason

There is no problem that cannot be solved with the use of black powder!!!!!

Arr, Kendra, lass, am sending lots of prayers out for your grandmother. I cannot imagine what a change it is for her to move out of a house where she has spent so much of her life. I pray her healing continues.

Good luck with the YMCA. My local one is a great organization (I used to be a member before I started having so many neck (disk) problems). I hope ye are able to join and take advantage of the heated pool, and that you get the tub lift, too!

Good thoughts being sent your way and to your grandmother.

Ciaran

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Thank you all so much, I promise that I will e-mail or PM if I need anything. I do have so good news. The place where I get my therapy has now a webpage and I am on it!Healing The Generations If you watch the pics float in and out you will see me lying on a mat wearing red pants using a Chi machine. I will also be in the newsletter as well as one of my poems (it may not be there yet but will be) and they are also going to put my webpage cool or what! Things are starting to look up.

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1