Gasparilla Pirate Fest (Tampa)

HarborMaster

Anyone going to this event? I'll be arrivi'n January Friday the 27'th with thu Misses :P We been lookin forward to it a long time. :huh: I gotta see it once before I make my move to the far side o the world.

Gasparilla Pirate Fest

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Our crewe was planning to be there but we are performing with the New Port Richey Orchestra the next day (as pirates of course) so we couldn't do both back to back. Need to keep our eye on the ball, so to speak.

Gasparilla is a blast though - make sure you head over to Ybor City afterwards - that's where all the crewes head. Go to Gaspar's Grotto - we're they unofficial official pirates there. They'll treat you great! Plus there's dozens upon dozens of other night spots there.

Faire winds and safe travels - head up to New Port Richey if you want to see pirates in concert. We're there Sunday at 3.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Thanks Hurricane

Actually I'd really like to meet your krewe I am unfamiliar with port richie and how far from Tampa it may be., I will studying a chart tonight

Gasparilla is a blast though - make sure you head over to Ybor City afterwards - that's where all the crewes head. Go to Gaspar's Grotto - we're they unofficial official pirates there. They'll treat you great! Plus there's dozens upon dozens of other night spots there.

I take it Gaspars Grotto is in the downtown area?

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

It's an hour north of Tampa... a pretty easy drive.

Gaspar's Grotto is in Ybor City, the old part of town. It is the entertainment district with tons of night spots. Gaspar's is the pirate bar. All the crewes go to Ybor for the evening to celebrate. A trolley connects Ybor with downtown. We usually park in Ybor and hop the trolley into the parade area then ride it back, party and grab the car to drive back to where we're staying.

If you're staying in downtown, I guess you would just do the reverse and ride the street car each way to Ybor.

Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

• 2 weeks later...

Gasparilla0294.JPG

I must confess I never made it to Y'bor City Hurricane.,too tired and to unfamiliar with my surroundings.,My first time to Tampa., Wow Florida is beautiful tho.,AWESOME really. I did take the wife to dinner and cocktails however after the Parade.,but all of the downtown was cordoned off for about a 3 mile perimeter.,and I could not walk.

Gasparilla0271.JPG

The Parade was great.

Gasparilla0097.JPG

I have to confess however my going to Tampi from Washington was mainly for an alterior motive.

VAS0002.JPG

Dr.Grey is the worlds foremost authority on Vasectomy reversal..,over 500 a year and a 95% positive proven track record. He is amazing.

The wife and I are hopefully that we will be able to create a monster of our own in 2007.

Looks like you had a grand time. It is a blast and Florida is a great place to be. Sorry we missed you - but it is a looooong day indeed at Gasparilla.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I've never been fond of Gasparilla since it's way to Mardi Gras and not to my tastes... but I hear folks have a blast.

Hurricane, I see yer ship is called the Blackheart. Did ye hear that the Blackheart will be a ship in the "Pirates of the South Seas" set?

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF