What's been marked off your list?

Pew

Lots of folks have lists, honey-do lists, grocery lists, etc.

How many of us have the "this is one thing I have to do before I die list"?

What have you been able to mark off that list?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

By the time I was about 17 I'd pretty much done most of my childish ambitions (fly a plane, jump off a big cliff, be the front man in a rock band, shoot someone in the arse with an air-rifle...)

Now I've lost most of my ambition, there's only one thing left, and it's kinda geeky. One day, I want to open a good history book and be flicking through the references and see my name.

Oh, and marry the other half, get her sprogged up, that kinda thing...(who says romance is dead?)

But my real aim in life, may sound kinda corny but I really believe in it, I just want to leave the world in a slightly better state than I found it in.

:)

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

I used to have this very serious "list," but I think over the years, things have fallen off the list, not because I didn't think I could accomplish them, but because I realized they just weren't as important as I once thought.

The only thing remaining is that I'd like to hike the Appalachian Trail in its entirety. I would really love to do it with one or both of my daughters after they graduate high school. When hiking the southern approach trail one day, I met a man who was training his two young grandsons, in hopes that he could do it with them. Anyhow, if nothing else, I'd like to hike it with them in sections.

Mostly, though, I just want to be good to people. I want to love as much and as strongly as possible throughout my life. That's more important than anything else.

My lists have changed over the years, too. I've also noticed that some of the things that seemed so important when you're young get reprioritized as the years go by.

One big thing that I had wanted to do that I got to check off my list was teach. I taught within the corporate and scientific arenas for years but wanted to move into the academic arena. A few years back, I was able to do that by being offered a position at a local college. I loved it! I did that for a few years and then the budget went into the toilet and I was back in the corporate world. I am very happy, though, that I had that opportunity.

The other things were not as big on my list and I've done them. I mostly give myself a difficult challenge every couple of years just to make things interesting. I'm due for one this year. Any suggestions?

RHJMap.jpg

Cant say as there is to much om my must do b4 I die list. To be honest becoming a pilot a licensed ham operator and scuba or the only major things. finding that certian some one would be nice too but I don't put fate down as something I hve to do lol

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

I mostly give myself a difficult challenge every couple of years just to make things interesting. I'm due for one this year. Any suggestions?

Get a book published.

Raise award-winning minks.

Build a life-sized velociraptor.

Fish every river in Montana.

See Africa.

Effectively communicate with a teenager.

Take up spelunking.

Fly an Ultralite across Kansas.

Comprehend economics in all its glory.

Knit a flag.

Make history - using terra cotta.

Surf Canada.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Hmmm...

Get a book published. Done that (it was a textbook of architectural illustrations.)

Raise award-winning minks. Well, they weren't award-winning, but I have helped raise minks for a "discovery center" for kids.

Build a life-sized velociraptor. Don't have the garage space. Although that in itself should be on my list: buy a place with a bigger garage.

Fish every river in Montana. Vegetarian - no interest in fishing.

See Africa. Now that is something I'd like to do.

Effectively communicate with a teenager. I have actually done that. I think the teenagers in question were wise beyond their years, though.

Take up spelunking. Mildly claustrophobic. I've tried that when I was younger, though.

Fly an Ultralite across Kansas. Hmmm...

Comprehend economics in all its glory. That falls within the category of "never going to happen." Although, as a financial advisor, understanding that it's a social science allows me to set a number of people straight when they start with the "but it's the 'new' economy."

Knit a flag. I could do that, but I prefer to sew. The flag making is on Iron Jack's list.

Make history - using terra cotta. Har har.

Surf Canada. Again - har har. Used to surf, but no longer.

RHJMap.jpg

Well let's see I did have a list when I was a bit younger...lost it...

My most fave things have been opportunities taken when presented...

Let's see.

Well met JFKennedy when he was campaigning in Ohio. I was just a ity bity lass, my father had me up on his shoulders so I could see. But something about it never left me.

Met Hugh O'Brien...(ok am showing my age a bit here... ;) but that was special cause I was able to interview him...ok, I wrangled it) and met Noel Harrison....(wrangled that interview too!... ;) )

Flew a Military transport. while in AFROTC..(no didn't do a take off or landing, but got to fly it over 4 states....long story ;) )

Did research and created the indexes for an College academic text...(m'name is there...got that one done before my dad died, he had always stated he would have loved to see one of our last name in connection to a text ...and when asked how I wanted my name placed in the Acknowlegement section I give my maiden name so, was able to do that and have him see about a year before he past.)

Moved to California. (got a chance to do it...did it... arrived with only $200 left to me. and have been doing pretty well since.)

I have sold some of my artwork

I have been a singer...gospel ...quartets, trios, duos...and soloist.

learn to play the guitar by ear... did it well enough that I accompanied myself on stage.

Flew a single engine plane over the coast of California.

piloted a speed boat near top speed on Lake Hope.

Well that be a few of m'fave memories. Have few things in the fire so to speak...don't want to say much as I don't want to jinx them.

;)

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

check off things to do before you die items? i don't think so -seems the older i get the more i add to it!!!!!! B)

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Fish every river in Montana huh ? Hmmm not bad but for me I'd still rather go for top water large mouth. Some say they don't fight that hard but belive me a 5 pound river bucket mouth in lilly's and dead falls can give anyone there money's worth. Besides trout don't go for Jitter bugs! (Ok for any other bass fisherman out there I have only caught 2 on it but the first one guarented that it will never leave my tackle box.)

See Africa.... How about HUNT Africa...(oh yeah and check out some of the relics.

Off topic but on the subject of Africa anyone know an unbiased (or at least not so biased as to be unreadable) history of Nubia.

oh and you can keep the d**n ultra light

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

Get a book published. Done that (it was a textbook of architectural illustrations.)

That's high on my list too. I have my name on the title page of something like seven, but in each case in small type. I think it would be fun to see it on the title page all by itself, in large type! :huh:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Get a book published.  Done that (it was a textbook of architectural illustrations.)

That's high on my list too. I have my name on the title page of something like seven, but in each case in small type. I think it would be fun to see it on the title page all by itself, in large type! :huh:

i haven't had my name on a title page but i ahve had by-lines on articles and graphics. does that count? :huh:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

........To get my lovely wife on an airplane again. Long, long ago when I was a Cpl.,my wife came from the states to live with me off base in S. Korea. Back in those days a spouse could travel free on military flights if you could catch one going yer way and if a higher rank didn't bump you. Well, everything went fine till the last leg of the trip for her was on a C-130 with a Marine Corps. throttle jockey on the yolk. His flying scared her so bad she took a boat home  a year and a half later. She had no idea that a C-130 can turn on a dime and could land with only 300 yards of runway and no one bothered to tell her.She was strapped into a canvas side bench prayin between pukes in the glad bag the flight engineer gave her. The pilot was yee-hawin' and she was pukin'.Hell, she didn't even get a bag of peanuts on the flight! Needless to say it wasn't a very romantic evening THAT night! :P

She hasn't flown in 20 years.....sigh :P

PS. Hi, I'm Black Jack's wife Susie, and I'm here to tell you that Black Jack will go to the deep six knowing that Iwill NEVER fly....EVER AGAIN!!!~ Marine Corps. pilots are F***ING NUTS!!! He didn't bother telling you guys that I peed my pants too! There weren't any goddamn bathrooms of those things either! :lol:

PSS.    .........sigh.......Ya see what I mean?.....geeezz... :P -Black Jack

........ :P ...NOPE....STILL A NO GO..... :P

.....SHE STILL SEZ "NO WAY JOSE'.... :P

victors%20spoils.jpg

YER ANKLES WILL LOOK LOVELY BEHIND YER EARS LASSIE! HAR! HAR! HAR!

Well . . . as childish as it sounds, I've been kissed, which was one of the major things on my list, because for a while there things were looking dubious . .. :P

Other then that . . . I haven't managed to scratch anything off this list. But everyone tells me I've got time. Too bad I'm not patient . . . :lol:

me list only contained 4 items

1. Find the perfect woman fer me and get married. already did

2. Become a father -- thats about to happen, me baby be born around june 1

3. Be a great dad and husband that will take a great deal of effort and time not to mention patience

4. and finally to learn as much about pirates as possible that will probably never be checked of me list :P

:lol: