Hampton Blackbeard Festival 2006

Cap'nPern

Fox:

Nice photos, Thanks for sharing them. Glad you made the trip and enjoyed your stay- things would have been even better had we avoided the foul weather on Saturday.

Bf

Billy Flynt

Blackbeard's Crew

Master of Events

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. " - Mark Twain

had a wonderful tyme in hampton as usual ...flynt, steel, frangelica pern, crimson and black dog, dogg, mr glass and so many other made us feel very welcome again!!! and you folks are incredible hosts for voyaging pyrates .. the trip and the company of silkie with the sale of quite a few pistols and inquiries into several more blunderbusses and pistols made the trip more than worthwhile ....anyone who has pics that can send them as attachments to emails feel free ..since my camera didn't faire too well in the rain

if any of those who saw something they liked at hampton but didn't have the means to pick it up then; wishes to contact me please feel free

i will again think the entire blackbear's crew for their very warm welcome and the so many of you who asked after m' mate ;young josh ....his exams went well

As has been mentioned, the rain was a bit of a damper on Saturday but cleared up quite well to allow us to have dinner on the Kalmar Nyckel, then back to camp for song and drink.

While singing shanteys after fireworks, a crowd formed and for the next 30 to 40 mins, we moved over to the edge of the camp and sang with the crowd. There were quite a few potential powder monkeys to be had, but alas, we had to give them back. Maybe that was a good thing. LOL

Huge props need to go out to Blackbeard's crew, not only for allowing me to partake in events with them, but also for the overall flow of things in spite of the weather.

New friends were made and good times were had and I certainly look forward to seeing said crew again in the future.

THANK YOU!

Tatu Ni'all

First Mate, Great Bay Privateers

Well, this was my first time at this event, and I had a great time. All the folks were friendly and fun to work with. Even though the weather put a bit of a damper on Saturday's activities, by the evening it had cleared out enough to carry on. :lol::lol::lol:

Dinner on the Kalmar Nyckel was fantastic, and the fireworks and after hours carousing at camp were a blast. :lol::lol::lol:

A big thanks to Blackbeard's Crew for an amazing event, and I can't wait until next year! :lol:

Fox, Callenish, Tatu, Jag, et al:

It was great having you join us. A special thanks goes to Duncan MacGuyver (aka Drunken MacGuyver) and his crew for all their help. We were short-handed when Merrick's Privateer's took ill and couldn't join us and you folks helped to fill a void. One of the most difficult things we face about the festival is coordinating visiting pirates and incorporating them into the activities. Huzzah to you all. You were gracious, understanding and willing to do anything asked of you.

We can be hard @$$es about authenticity but we feel that's what helps to separate us from other festivals. Thanks for playing along. B)

If anyone has photos, please share.

Fair Winds,

Bf

Billy Flynt

Blackbeard's Crew

Master of Events

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. " - Mark Twain

I had a BLAST>>>>>>

It was nice to put faces to the people who post here.

The Blackbeard Crew makes this so fun and I'm looking forward to next year.

Here are some pictures I got from Saturbay and Sunday.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kenthepirate...hUBA_EBhR8.2yJS

Thanks again guys for letting me take part in this years event...

Crimson

"No matter where you go. There you are."

Crimson:

Great photos... only thing wrong is I'm not in enough of them!!! Ha!

Great shot of Blackbeard (Ben Cherry) going down!

Bf

Billy Flynt

Blackbeard's Crew

Master of Events

Crimson:

Great photos...  only thing wrong is I'm not in enough of them!!!  Ha!

Tell me about it! I had may picture taken so many times this weekend I was beginning to think I was a celebrity ...have yet to see what I actually looked like ...only view I got was the reflection is the sides of cars and building windows! ;)

:o OH! Excuse me ...is my vanity showing? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's been a long week, so I am a bit late getting this out . . .

Wow, What a weekend :) The rain was a pain, but it wasn't enough to stop the crowds. The party in camp Sat. night was the best we've had in years, and everyone had fun all weekend.

Many thanks to Blackbeards Crew for hosting such a fun event every year. Pern, Steel, Billy, John, Karen, Bart, Stan, Grace, Pete, Will, Mingo - you all made for a hell of a fun weekend.

It was also fun to catch up with Callenish, Silkie, The Brigands, The Ships Company and all the folks from MD that made their way down for the weekend.

Our pictures from the weeknd can be found here:

Juryrig's Pictures From Hampton Blackbeard Festival 2006

Duncan

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

<_< oooooooooooooo - me eyes still hurt from the sunlight. ;) Was a grand weekend spent and memories gathered. At least that is what I am getting from the pictures I see posted.

but anyway - it was great to meet everyone there - hope everyone arrived safely home. I am already working up schemes for next year. Who knows - a tavern in the camp? Not sure if I can get that past the quartermaster. shhhh - don't tell him

I am waiting on pics to come back from the shop - if anyone has some of this old dog - please share!!!

Willie the rumrunner ;)

You can ner' have enough sand in yer stew.