Sid Meier's Pirates!

John_Young

I got the PC version of SM's Pirates! for Christmas and me mate has to constantly pull me away from the computer to go to bed.... lol

But I was thinking back, since I played the original back in the day...

There has been no actual sequel to the game.

There was the original, then Pirates Gold... which was really just and update, and now this version which is still just an update.

But if they were to make a sequel, what would you like to see in it?

I know, I for one like how it's an "open ended" game but I always feel guilty if I don't rescue the relatives or defeat the evil bad guy Lord Montalbaun.

I wouldn't mind the ability to choose your pirates look and mode of dress. Heck, a pirate coat is a cool item!

I also wish you could attack and either change governors or utterly destroy the small settlements, Indian Villages, and pirate havens.

Changing or adding to the Top 10 pirates would be nice. Like if you fight Rackham, you should also have to fight Bonney and Reed.

How about being able to set up your own pirate haven? That would be cool. A place to store extra ships, plunder, and to bank your hard earned gold.

The ability to bury your own treasure would be a neat idea too. That way if someone else digs it up, you have a reason to hunt them down for it.

Oh and no more dancing. Argh some of those brats dance too fast!

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

I was a huge Warcraft player last year and I had to cut my internet for 2 months to quit playing. Thats how bad it got. My girlfriend was getting kinda annoyed when I would come to bed at 5am.

Where am I going with this?

For those who have played an MMO similar to warcraft, wouldnt you like to see a Sid Pirates! just like that? You can customize yer own looks and collect rare and epic items...

All I did in warcraft was dress up in pirate gear and drink the rum I found off of buccaneers near Booty Bay.

Bring us a Pirates! MMO!

:lol:

Well, there is Pirates of the Burning Seas which should come out sometime this year.

My only gripe is that it's broadband connection only.

Plus you know you have to content with idiots calling their pirates Jack Sparrow, Barbossa, etc...

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Yeah that and it doesnt look to different...seems most land look the same. Graphics are a lil too much. My system can handle it but it still makes for slower gaming with others. In warcraft they had GMs watching peoples names and if they were names of actual people they would make you change it before you could play again... :)