Duel of the Privateers

Black Hearted Pearl

Mar 18th, 2006 (Sat) 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM

Duel of the Privateers

Feel and hear the roar of each ship's cannons as both Spirit of Dana Point and Lynx tack and maneuver into position. Join us and experience first hand, the fun and excitement of a 19th century ship-to-ship sea battle.

The Ocean Institute is easy to get to!

Address:

24200 Dana Point Harbor Dr.

Dana Point, CA 92629

phone:(949) 496-2274

fax: (949) 496-4296

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I'll go - BHP - will you be in town then?

Not sure yet. Me mate won't give me his calendar until closer to that time, bloody pirate. As it is, he's been gone almost every week this month.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Royaliste,

Are you going to be in the waters in that area during this time?

Aye, I'm still prowlin' the Pacific!...In Channel Islands, but we were at the Institute last month filming('twas us who recommended their vessels to the History Channel)....Sailin' down that way at the end of this month, and first of Feb.(me eldest daughter, granddaughter, and son in law'll be crewin' for their vacation)....We'd consider comin' down, but it'd take an invite, and the Institute dealt our insurance carrier bonkers recently....Also, betwixt the two of 'em, they kin muster I think three guns, and I'm an eight gun boat now...(mountin' two new six pounders this week, with really spendy purpleheart wood carriages.)..Shipping Royaliste to the Great Lakes May 1....Royaliste' former owner, and me pyrate'n' crony, will be launching a replica of a rather famous French Privateer, 'Le Revenant', hopefully in time for the summer's 'Tallships Challenge', and I'm gonna loan 'im half 'o me guns so's he kin be a fair match, then...well, two mean little privateers cruizin' the Eastern region, lookin' for trouble, eh?

:ph34r:

Shipping Royaliste to the Great Lakes May 1....Royaliste' former owner, and me pyrate'n' crony, will be launching a replica of a rather famous French Privateer, 'Le Revenant', hopefully in time for the summer's 'Tallships Challenge', and I'm gonna loan 'im half 'o me guns so's he kin be a fair match, then...well, two mean little privateers cruizin' the Eastern region, lookin' for trouble, eh?

:ph34r:

Sounds like a grand time to be had on the Great Lakes this summer. Hoping to get up to Green Bay for the Tallships myself to see the show. Congrats on the new guns.

~Black Hearted Pearl

Gary, ye old dog, ye need ta be postin' some pictures o' those new guns, mate, either here or over on the cannon thread. Don't be makin' this pyrate say "Please." It don't look good t' the rest o' the mates.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

It'll be a week or two 'till the new carronades are called 'finished'..(heck, they are shippin' the tubes this week!)..five weeks overdue from the factory (they didn't like the first two they cast this time, as they are well informed on the fact that we fire the bloody hell out of 'em)..We,ve gone thru four digital cameras this year, so...I'm now reliant on others for photo's, as another isnt on my horizon..We'll get a few new pic's soon....Unfortunately, we're under legal orders not to publish anything from the recent 'True Pirates of the Carribean' History Channel filming.The folks at A&E don' have much of a sense of humour, eh?

B)

We are in the beautiful Channel Islands Harbor near Oxnard/Port Huenme, at the Sportfishing dock...half hour upstream from Malibu, eh?....4151 S. Victoria...Most always around, altho we'll be sailin' to San Diego at the end of the month, then harbor-hopping back up here..Takin' my granddaughter to the Zoo by way 'o pyrate ship!.....

• 2 weeks later...
wow they want 60 bucks for that.....hmmm....and if you want to be on the pirate ships for the duel...it is about 45 bucks

Jeesh!...And they say I'm a Bloody pirate!!....Quite a pile 'o dubloons for a pair 'o 'org's' that had a verbal stand against piracy until we sailed south last year! ;) Let's see, last year, we delivered minimum six rounds per guest, from five guns...lessee whatcha get for your money;..keep me posted, eh?...

:lol:

Pearl..... I went to their website and they also have this posted..... wondering if you want to post this as well...they want people to dress up

http://www.ocean-institute.org/html/SD/events.html

Lady Alyx,

The 60 dubloons be for the Pirate Dinner Adventure fundraiser by the Sand Dollar Guild at OI. That be a separate event on Feb. 11.

The Dual of Privateers be on March 18 & 19, 2 separate sailing times each day.

I'm not sure if I'm going yet or not. Wish I could go for both, but looks like the Dual of Privateers be the best bet. It lines up with Spring Breaks.

~Black Hearted Pearl

• 1 month later...