Scarlet's 2nd Annual Mid-Winter Festival

Captain Emerald Shaunassey

Greetings,

Mark yar calendars for Jan 14, 2006 and Jan 28th & 29th, 2006. On the 14th, join some of the performers and cast members of the 2nd Annual Scarlet's Mid-Winter Festival for a "Faire Day" at Java Dave's in Edmond, Ok (9 South Broadway, Edmond, OK, 73034). Then come out to the Festival on Jan 28th & 29th at the OKC Fairgrounds, OKC, Ok.

For more information go to: http://scarletfest.com/

Here's to seein ya there!

Cap'n Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Cap'n,

Had a great time at Java Dave's in Edmond promonti' Scarlett's Mid-Winter Faire in Oklahoma City later this month. It was great meeting Blackfoot and his lady. They've got an awsome Indian. It looks great and sounds awesome. Looking forward to seeing them again in OKC. Scarlett's is gonna be terrific this year. So much great entertainment. Looking forward to seeing the Bilge Pump's again. Nothin' says piratin' like the Bilge Pumps. See ya next week for rehersal.

Diamond, the Gaoler

Rumba,

It is held inside one of the "expo" buildings - concrete floors (only downfall but I don't want to be out in the cold winds of Jan in Oklahoma! :lol: )

The tents in use (which are few) are the self standing kind that do not require tie outs. The most common vendors "tent" is actually a booth. Don't know about guilds (no IWG or Rogues Guild booths) - Diamond (my crew member) was mentioning another performing troupe out of the DFW area, "The Bilge Pumps."

I had wondered pretty much the same things as you Rumba but after going as a patron last year, I saw what they did and I was impressed with the efforts of the faire cast and the vendors. Scarlet's may be a young faire but, it has the heart of an older faire. And it's a great way for those of us land locked and freezing in January to get a faire fix and see friends once more.

Petee - glad ya like the mermaids, I'll be sure and tell Garnette when I see her on the 28th!

Have a great one

Cap'n Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com