Real sailing

Mucky_Pete

I was just wondering, which on o ye scallywags been sailing on an old masted sailing ship and which only dreams o it?

I been losin weight and gettin meself fit cos I intend to do it within a year or so.

I got contacts who could get me on the Gran Turk an there always be the Endeavour too.

Obviously, once I be gettin a trusted member o the crew I'll be throwin the cap'n o'erboard and hoistin the Jolly Roger.

Yarrr

Arrrr, ye landlubbers!

MadMaryFlint, don't dream it, be it! If ya only dream 'bout it, i'll never happen, that' fer sure!

Mucky_Pete, weigh Anchors evry day and you'll weigh much less in time! Good luck ter you, fer I'm in the same process an', too, thinkin' about setting sails again next year - probably aboard the Notorious Norwegian (a.k.a. "Statsraad Lehmkuhl") or the Green Ghost (a.k.a. "Alexander von Humboldt")

When I say "again", me hearties, I mean again. Fer me not bein' a stinkin' landlubber, I have sailed the seven seas before (well, at least the North Sea, Baltic, Mediterranean and Atlantic) on the Grand German (a.k.a. "Gorch Fock"). Unfortunately bereft of all tha cannons it was no use for mutiny - no chnce fer booty on that. But at least, she was sailin'!

Signed,

Cpt. William Kidd

I sail with The Royaliste out of Sausalito CA. You can see what we've been up to in the Raids section!

I started on knowing absolutely nothing and Gary, our captain, has been wonderfully patient while I've stumbled about on his decks, learning the ropes (literally!)

Last weekend I spent several hours at the helm and I tell ye' lad... it's like nothing you can imagine- like feeling the ship talking and the wind, the current, the ship and the sea, all pouring into your fingertips! Utterly unreal. Nothing compares.

Go for it Petey me lad.

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

That' bein' a nice strong ship, yer scallywags have flyin' there, TalesOfTheSevenSeas! Yes, I remember standin' at the helm, too, in the dead of night, only the wind an' the sea an' the stars talkin'... from time time you'll hear some murmured commands from the trusty crew in the sails or you'll hear the hailin' from the lookouts at the bow an' the stern... but otherwise it's quiet, quiet, quiet...

Man her truly, fer the art of sailin' is not widely known anymore even on the coasts of this world. But be aware, there be pirates... :huh:

Signed,

Cpt. William Kidd

I be a volunteer crew member of the brig Lady Washington, as well as a former volunteer on the schooner Adventuress. I've sailed the Coast Guard's training barque Eagle as a cadet, and the Ukranian schooner Bat'kivshchyna, and the schooner Western Union as an 'active passenger'. In addition to that resume, I've sailed some o' them funky modern racing rigs, though their only good to catch up to prey in the middle o' the night. One musket shot below the waterline would send those snot-built fiberglass hulls down to the bottom. If ye all e'er need a crew in the CT area (at least for another two years), then think o' me an' ye won't be regrettin' it.

Coastie04 :ph34r:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Aye Aye Pete n` all, Coastie you`re right `n I too have a healthy dis regard f` plastic craft, though it would probably be a waste of good musket ball !?

As gooda time as any to introduce me own little ship, a fine little pirate craft she be, not quite the Royaliste but ample f` single handed dawn plunders up sleepy creeks... AARRGH

Scottish built she be 1963 by James N Millers yard, Buildin boats since 1779 the oldest `n most respected yard in the country. Larch planked on heavy oak frames she be with a handy ketch rig `n Mermaid Engine.

Me pride`n Joy and we`re just 18hrs from the French coast`n about the same from the Irish. Thats wine south `n Murphy`s north, just take ya pick n`set sail, nothin like that kinda freedom !

I stuck a picture of her in me picture bit ?

Good t`get t`know ye all

Cheers :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ne jamais essayer d'enseigner un cochon pour chanter.

Aaaaargh!!

I be lookin fer a vessel needin crew. I've been scuttled in Maryland and need the breeze in me face again. I can swing a cutlass with the best O them.

If ye be needin crew, I stand ready, willin and able.

Aaaargh!! Send 'em all to hell............

:lol:

So, ye be surrounded by 200 of 'er majesty's finest Dragoons an all ye 'ave is a musket, a pistol and yer cutlass. What do ye do?.............Kill 'em all!!!

All hands hoay!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaargh! Peggy the pyrate. If ye be needin a decandent soul such as meself. I stand ready to weigh thy anchor and set sail. If'n ye be ported in Maryland I be at yer service.

Hoist the black flag, keep thy powder dry fer the ale shall flow.

:huh:

So, ye be surrounded by 200 of 'er majesty's finest Dragoons an all ye 'ave is a musket, a pistol and yer cutlass. What do ye do?.............Kill 'em all!!!

I been racin' 420's fer about four years now, it be great fun to race them small boats!!

The "Cowboy" Queen? you might inquire, no, I'm not from out there in the west, I'm about as Northeast as you can get in Maine, The Cowboy Queen is a comic I write about myself, Froggie, and the rest of me crew, though I may be a pirate, I'm a cowboy at heart.