POTC 2 voodoo?

Jib

My best guess is that Jack Sparrow and company go to Loozyana t' see a voodoo queen. Probably having something to do with his deal with Davey Jones since Jack is cursed by him in POTC2.

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

I kinda like the voodoo doll in the skull hair on the movie poster......

I made something simular a few years ago outta corn husk..... may have to make another.......

Funny story about the corn husk voodoo doll......

An old girlfriend , her daughter and I went to Waznecks exploritorum in San Jose.... and they had a hand-on exibit on making corn husk dolls..... so I helped my girlfriends daughter make a doll..... and ....well I just hadda make a voodoo doll...... anyway, I hung the thing offa the rear view mirror in my truck.... kinda thought it was funny..... My bosses boyfriend at the time (who I hate...) thought that the voodoo doll was ment to be him..... the jerk (keeping it PG 13) started to get sick...... my boss asked if I'd take the thing down... I just laughed.... if it upset what little mind he had....cool.......

So I've always had a kinda soft spot in me ol' black 'art fer voodoo dols..... :rolleyes:

Sympathetic magic. Very interesting.

The original idea behind sicking a pin into a voodoo doll was to "lock in" a prayer. The dols were supposed to be 'gods and goddesses' not people.

Of course things change.

I wonder about Jack's extra eyes...

That's a cool present!

As far as Tia Dalma, they may have represented her as a witch doctor (I obviously don't have the script or plot line), but if they go to New Orleans as what I've heard, viewers will draw their own conclusions between that and the corn husk doll as one thing: VooDoo.

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Also, seems to me I remember Bess saying something about the poster being a little inaccurate as there's no voodoo in the film

That article also mentions Tia Dalma being a witch doctor not a voodoo queen

True, true I did say that and that also 'tis true... the poster is not accurate.

However... I don't belive I mentioned VooDoo one way or another (insert evil laught since I have to run!) ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 4 weeks later...

While the VooDoo doll itself does not figure inthe films, Disney, as always, will make a buck off it by selling them as key chains.

Watch for them at a swag dealer near you. :)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Sorry Bess, Thar be no Keychain in their future. :lol:

I believe you mean there will be no "official" ones as of yet. However, the witch doctor in me, (me grandmum was into the arts, ifn ye catch me meaning) suspects them asian pirates will be persuading the commanders at the mouse otherwise. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.