A & E The Real Pirates of the Carribean

Rumba Rue

The Real Pirates of the Caribbean.

Airs on Friday, December 16 at 4:00am ET

There may not have been ghost ships laden with cursed sailors, but the Caribbean was indeed once full of Pirates. In this exciting hour we bring you four stories of real pirates that once wreaked havoc on the Caribbean and beyond. We'll introduce Captain Kidd who plundered his way to the end of a noose and Black Beard, quite possibly the most famous pirate of all time. We'll look at Anne Bonny and Mary Read, two female pirates who became friends and shipmates, and we'll also highlight Sir Henry Morgan, one of the few pirates actually to have been knighted. Go go underwater to discover the remains of Black Beard's ship and see how pirates have been depicted in TV and film, including Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean. We'll meet modern-day treasure hunters and maybe even someone who has had a run in with pirates today. TVPG

**I believe this is the one that Jamaica Rose is in.

Mad_Jack Posted on Dec 15 2005, 02:03 PM

3:00 AM Central?! That's a lot of Irish Coffee to keep me away that long! I should get that flashing 12:00 off the downstairs VCR... 

Jiminy- F'ing - Christmas...! I'm in the same boat as you, Jack... so, a quick poll... do I stay up "late", or wake up early?!?!?!?

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

I think yer right... :o

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

I thought it was pretty entertaining the way it was put together, however, most of that stuff I've read in books or seen on the internet. It's quite interesting about the buried treasure theory and that Capt. Kidd was probably the only one who did bury treasures. The other thing was that people today are still looking for it in the several places the Historians have thought it may be buried. Also, the possible fact that it was dug up years ago and used to build the Hospital for "Broken down" Sailors.

Like they said, most Pirates' back then probably spent their booty so fast after they got a hold of it there wasn't time to bury it. I know when the check goes in the bank for my household it isn't in there long...hehe!

There's probably more buried treasures (money in mason jars) in the hills of Incestia WV. than there are Pirates' gold and silver in the Carribean. :lol:

8889961564257193a222f0.gifmirageus1.gif