Twinkly, Shiney and Amazing!

Sir Eric

http://www.mypartypost.com/watchvideo/1033...ts_Display_Ever

You gotta see it to believe it. Absolutely incredible light display on this guys house!!

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

Um... yah. I guess if this was posted in an inappropriate place, I apologize and hope the moderators will move it to the appropriate category. I was only attempting to spread a little Christmas cheer. Next time I start a thread I'll make sure it's along more acceptable lines... like genital shaving or who can stab the most people in thirty seconds.

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

I saw somewhere (I think it was Fox News Channel) that this guy had to shut it down because of an accident near his house. The homeowner is an electical engineer who spent around $10,000 on the lights. He had told his neighbors and the sheriff ahead of time that if the lights caused problems for the neighborhood, he would quit the display. He has a small transmitter that beams the music to radios in the vicinity so the onlookers can enjoy the music and light combination.

P.S. That sight is the first time in a loooooooong time I've heard/seen the word "rad". :lol:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Okay, that is the coolest thing ever.

Just thinking how rad that would look on my own lawn.

Oh... sorry... I meant "cool," not "rad."

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Ok, the nays have it. It was just a thought from your friendly covert moderator. (No offense meant, Eric. Seriously.)

None taken... I was attempting to be funny with the "shaving / stabbing" remark, but once again my humor translates poorly on the web. Sorry 'bout that. :lol:

The web doesn't pick up sarcasm very well, I'm sure I've suffered a similar fate. I'm quite certain that things I think are acidly funny are taken as being bitter and twisted anger.

That's why I try to embrace emoticons. (But sometimes fail.) Yes, they're sort of dopey looking, but it's better than offending. Sometimes. :lol:

Did you know that according to one study, 69% of a typical message is communicated nonverbally? Further 23% of the message is given by tone of voice. That leaves a mere 8% of the message being communicated through the actual words used.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I didn't know about the study, but I'm not surprised at all. I think we've all encountered situations where mis-interpretation of forum messages, emails et. al. has led to catastrophic results. I know I've been guilty of putting my own inflection on other folk's statements, taking it wrong and getting all hissy about it, sometimes even with close IRL buddies.

No worries here mate, and again, sorry for any unintentional offense on me own part. :lol:

Quite possible... hard to know if somethings been posted before here sometimes. Emailed the link to a friend of mine, he said he'd gotten it from several different people (he's a lighting designer) and it's on at least 4 different servers.

LOL... yah, except Clark would blow up the whole block.

Btw... Dread Mach Brannigan... VERY cool avitar y'got there mate!!

and its not true that wenches are easily distracted by...

Sparkly!! Lights!! Pretty!! Shiny!!

(thank you, Eric..)

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• 2 weeks later...