Lady Washington a Wee bit 'Shorter'....

PYRATE

Just got some scuttlebutt whilst workin' on my other boat in Sausalito, that the Lady Washington, during transit at night from Sacramento, lost both topmasts at the Benicia Bridge. I have no idea at this point why they didn't have the bridge raised,( I'm waay shorter, and I have them raise it) but anyway, the worst happened for it..I'll post if I hear more, but I'm kinda busy pulling a powerplant..

;)

Stand Down, and ye may just live...

Tis not true!

I saw The Lady in Sauslaito docked at Horizon's . She was fine and sailing down the Coast.

The Benica Bridge is fixed and tall enough for the very large container and oil ships that sail to the refineries and to the Port of Stockton and Port of Oakland.

Cheers

Those destined to hang, shall not fear drowning

Thank you for the information pyrate.

One of the Captains of the Irving Johnson said to me, "A bad day on a tallship is the end of the career for the Captain." ;) I hope all sailors are safe and send my prayers to the Captain and Lady for a quick recover. I know the schedule to be quite full at this point. Alas I have no coinage this year as I would normally be sailing her the day after Christmas out of Marina Del Rey. I will sorely miss her this year.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

My earlier post was from 'word' of another sailor, on the hook nearby, who, although a fine sailor, probably wouldn't know a fidded t'gallant mast from a martingale post, or Harland from Harlem,but.....c'mon, he got the accident part right,eh?....Bully, here she is by Horizons, and the t'gallants are missing...

large-msg-1133677766-2.jpg

Anyhoo, glad all is well, and it'll give the spar shop somethin' to do .....

Stand Down, and ye may just live...

I'm just glad she looks to be in much better condition than the Pride of Baltimore II was after her accident. Glad none o' my shipmates were injured. Also, not to doubt anyone's sources here, but are we sure it was a dismasting? I've lowered t'gallants before on her to get under a bridge. Royaliste, you say you got an email from Gray's Harbor confirming that it was dismasting, not derigging? Anyway, thanks for the info and I just hope that they get fully rigged before welcoming the Hawaiian Chieftain back to the west!

Coastie B)

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Thanks, Royaliste. I should be back from my next buoy patrol by then. If you ever make your way up to Alaska, I'll be happy to provide a place to shower, cook, and dry out. And the best navigation challenges and scenery in the west!

Coastie B)

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg