black powder pistols

Biker

Does anyone have a link for working black powder pistol kits?

" Never knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that"

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

I had checked Dixie out before, what they offer isnt what Im looking for.

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

While not exactly a "kit", refinishing and completing (by drilling the touchhole, hardening the frizzen if needed, etc) an Indian-made pistol might be what you're looking for.

The Prussian Dragoon pistol was pretty typical of early 18th century flintlocks and this ebay auctioneer generally has a good deal on them (like $275 starting bid)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=6579262799

Dances for nickels.

That Prussian pistol looks mighty good. I know on my Heavy English Dragoon the frizzen was already hardened... it ONLY needed the touch hole drilled. Oh and I prefer a giant sized pistol to approximate Barbossa's in my costume... the Heavy Dragoon is some19 inches at least!

B) Barbossa II ;)

I don't know about kits, but I bought an English doglock dragoon in .64 caliber from Loyalist Arms in Nova Scotia, Canada. It is an awesome piece, the muzzle is almost as large as a .20 guage shotgun. Since it is smooth bore, I could fire buck or ball (or a deadly combination of both) with enough power to cut a man in half. The pistol is nicely made, and Loyalist Arms gives great service. Very nice folks. :ph34r:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

So what is it you're looking for?

Any specific model, maker, era, or country?

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

I don't know about kits, but I bought an English doglock dragoon in .64 caliber from Loyalist Arms in Nova Scotia, Canada. It is an awesome piece

I, too, have the Loyalist Arms doglock... beautiful pistol, and I agree about their customer service... top notch!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

So what is it you're looking for?

Any specific model, maker, era, or country?

Defintly want it has a kit and a flintlock. country era doesnt matter. It's more something I'm wantingto make for my son.

flintlock pistol kits are few at best ....and without more guide as to want you might be looking for it's imposible to give you much more direction ...aside from building from parts there is always cutomizing a simple stock piece...doing inlay, checkering and engraving ...but so far everyone who has tried to help is flying blind

:P

I could tell you who not to buy from.,I have been waiting for a brass queen since 7/13/05 and after Christmas we are done.

We bought 2 pistols from MH and are very happy with the service and the product., we bought a 12" and a 9" sea service from them. The Frizzen strikes a spark every time.

Also I did talked to www.middlesexvillagetrading.com on the phone and that man will take his time with you and go over it with you as you browse the web. He will also tell you whats in stock and how many. We are buying 2 from him after we cancel the the Queen Anne from the other.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"