When did geek become chic?

Caraccioli

Anyone ever heard the word skippy?  Means the same thing, nerd, geek, fanboy, etc?  And what's worse than just a regular skippy......a rich skippy!  Like Peter Jackson and his skippiness with King Kong.  I was watching the remastered 1933 King Kong with friends on dvd last weekend.  On the special features had Peter showing how he did a lost scene.  He spent a lot of money to make it look authentic and all that.  Such a skippy-lol!

so christine after the movie were you crying again?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

I refer to myself as the she-dork. I play D&D, like SciFi, do Renn Faires, and various other "dorky/geeky" things. But who cares? I'm happy. If someone doesn't like me for the things I enjoy then I don't want to be around them anyway.

Besides, despite the fact that Paris Hilton is someone we are taught to percieve as cool, go up to someone on the street and ask them what they think of her. I'm guessing that there may be a couple of people who want to have sex with her, but other than that the comments are probley all negative. How cool is that?

To quote a phrase;

"I wouldn't have sex with her using someone else's D***!!!!"

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

There are actually people out there who want to have sex with Paris Hilton?

Great horny toads! How did we get to this statement?!

I hate explaining myself, but this isn't a paen to...ah, to hell with it. Go back a re-read what I wrote and see if you can figure it out for yourself. (Of course, I went back and re-read what I wrote and I couldn't figure it out at all, but I wish you better luck. :rolleyes: )

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Redneck truck driver...history dork.....computer geek....... and about a dozen other adjetives/insults have been applied to me at one point in time or another quite frankly my geek friends call me redneck and my redneck friends call me a geek. Hey at least I know where I stand in the world...lol

P.S. As to the whole Paris Hilton thing ...well to be honest I don't find getting impaled by a rib bone during a romp in the hay all that good of an idea

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

Hey, I've always been wierd...... hung out with some of the math guys (computers were kinda new.... go they weren't geeks yet....) and some of the drama dept. but mostly with a group of cartoonist.......

Geek and nerd wern't used at the time.... but "Wierd" is how everyone remembers me....... :lol: