Pirate Museum

AllByMeOnesies

Pyrates of Nassau Museum...

Been there. It had just opened when we were there several years ago. It is EXCELLENT! Very realistic and well researched diaromas. Some original documents. On the second floor is a very powerful, lifesize diaroma of Howard Pyle's piece "Marooned". Some displays are motion-sensor activated...which are real scary for the little ones. Could tell more...but would spoil your experience. To do it justice, ya need to spend several hours there. I think we were there for 3 hours. Oh yes, there' a pub ajoining the gift shoppe!

Also, there is a maritime museum in Nassau. Did not get to it. The market is fun. Nassau was a big Confederate Blockade Runner supply port. The goverment square is interesting.

What cruise line would you be taking?

Best regards to ye :ph34r:

been there too....its ok (i'm unfortunately used to living 1/2hr away from the smithsonians in wash dc for 10 yrs)....

gotta go to once, but will only take you bout 1hr to get through.

if you really want my opinion.....take a snorkling tour with stuarts cove. (their building is located on the southwest side of the island in the old "Flipper" movie set.) i did it a few years ago. had the best time ever (more than any on my 5 cruises!)

why you ask??? "If the weather permits, we will stop at a 3rd location to allow you to experience an incredible thrill - snorkeling with Caribbean Reef Sharks."

it was sooooooooooo coooooooooool!

plus they charge less that the cruise ships do for their tours!

http://www.stuartcove.com/

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

All etc.

Let me know when you're coming down. I'm going to Nassau also, for a day. Maybe I could get you on set during POTC III, if you don't bring a camera. We're about an hour away by plane.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

We were there in June. It was terrific. Be sure to go over to the Atlantis Resort and go through the aquarium. It's worth the money.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• 1 month later...

Hey mate. Sorry we couldn't meet. On the allotted time for your visit, we were filming in the Exumas, with no internet service to speak of. I apologize. BB

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.