Port Royal here we come!

hurricane

Ahoy all!

Olaf the Wanderer, Master Studley, Black Skot, Diosa, Flint and I of the Pyrates of the Coast are here, ready to head out to Port Royal, Jamaica on the morn. We will post a missive of our trip upon our return so you can know everything you need to know to walk in the footsteps of the likes of Rackham, Bonney, Read, Morgan and other nefarious and legendary scoundrels.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Good luck Captain., Any tidbits of piratical lore upon your return would be of interest. :ph34r:

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

We learned sooooo much.

A little tidbit off the top... Port Royal and Jamaica in general used pieces of eight as currency until 1839. They rejected England's attempts to standardize the currency of the colonies and used pieces of eight until finally forced to change over gradually in the mid 1800's.

Lots more soon. Still going through photos and factoids. But I can say that this trip was amazing - we had a presentation by the Heritage Trust on the sunken city, trade, commerce, the influence of other cultures on the city (including an amazing amount of Chinese goods) as well a tours by locals and a visit to the Bank of Jamaica Money Museum.

Will post more in the next days. Just got back this evening.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com