Wanted: Klingon Headpiece

Barbados Sam

OK, I know some of my fellow pyrates out there get into other fantasies. (No Christine...not THAT kind of fantasy!). I am looking for a Klingon headpiece. (this mid-life crisis phase of my life is fun!!). If anyone has any leads on finding one of these headpieces, I would greatlty appreciate it.

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Thanks everyone....I just won one on Ebay!!!

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Hahaaa, I really do have to laugh. When I was working at Universal Studios way back when, my supervisor and I had to do inventory of some stuff in a warehouse. There were about ten of those Klingon headpieces thrown in a box which was of couse abscounded with.

Later given to a number of people who wanted them.

We also came across the first guns that were used in Star Trek, they were wooden. Got the only two of those, unfortunately, my ex-has one which I had given him.

I just can't see myself as a Klingon, no matter how much Stranglehold wants to do it.

I just can't see myself as a Klingon, no matter how much Stranglehold wants to do it.

That's what I thought...and now here I am.....a Lump Head In Training.....

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

Hahaaaaa! I just can't invest the kind of money needed for a Klingon outfit- too rich for me. Nor do I wish to try and shove all my blond hair under a head piece.

I'm lucky....my wife sews!!! She is up for the challenge to make the costumes.....and for me as a Klingon, it will be nice to have long hair again! Hell, it will be nice to have ANY hair again :lol:

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

I'm sure I've got an old turtle shell around the garage somewhere... :lol:

Thanks for the offer mate :lol: But I think hitting myself on the head with a hammer and painting it brown will be easier..... :lol:

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

Glad to hear ye found yer QuchDu' (false forehead -- but that was from memory, adn I may have spelled it incorrectly).

Was yours a thin latex one, or foamed (thick slush) latex? I have not seen ANY of the latter on eBay.

I have two -- one I use for "everyday" Klingon work, the other is still original & untouched... I am saving it for my Klingon priest get-up (for which I need to make a new robe -- although the old one will suffice in case of an emergency Klingon-disruptor wedding).

I just spent a half hour trying to find the web photo of me in Klingon garb... alas, it seems to have been removed along with our ship's homepage.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I haven't received it yet, and I am new to Klingon, so I don't know which type it is. I am putting together a quick outfit for an event next weekend, but I will have a formal warrior outfit done for ComicCon here in SD next summer.

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

You also might want to look up KAG (Klingon Assault Group)

There are a few ships in your area that you might want to contact.....

The thin ones are "Slush" cast, the thicker ones are "foaming" latex..... Slush cast can be made in a one piece mold, and the foaming laxex is cast in a two part mold.... sluch cast is just easier and cheaper to make.....

Thank you Patrick. My pirate ship, the HMS Stranglehold is also a Klingon ship, the IKV Stranglehold!! It's me pirate brethren that got me hooked up on the Klingon side!

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

Hummmm...... maybe that's why the name sounded farmilure (however it's spelled).......

When I was playing Klingon, I was Marine Infantry Capt. CheDpa vestai-Pr'San

Non aligned.... played with the Chrimson Dagger (I think...) and House He'Klar Ring of Fire Fleet..... hadda good time.......

When I was in Tenn. and formed a group of Klingons.... we were the IKV NomwI (thing that moves swift..... it was the transponder from a Fedi tug that we .....ergh ...somehow aquired.....don't ask about the cloaking devise.... that's a whole nother story......) but a group of third and fourth sons who were Pyrates......

I might get back into playing Klingon...... hey Pyrates and Klingons have so much in common........... (the aaargh is just slightly different.....) :ph34r:

It's all new to me. I'm getting immersed in it this coming weekend. I am attending Feast at Valley of Fire outside of Las Vegas. We're meeting Thursday at the Star Trek Experience in Vegas then off to the valley for a few days of camping and howling at the moon. I'll let you know how it went B)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

Hahaaaaa! I just can't invest the kind of money needed for a Klingon outfit- too rich for me. Nor do I wish to try and shove all my blond hair under a head piece.

Rumba, no need to shove the hair under a wig or headpiece. I used my own hair, whether it was long or short. I was a red haired Klingon before they even showed one on TV. Our group was always watched very closely....

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

Regarding Slush/Foam latex...

Patrick, I stand corrected -- your terminology is correct. The thicker (i.e. Superior) foreheads are the foaming latex ones -- not "slush" latex.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

• 4 months later...

i havn't bought any of their Klingon stuff.. but the pirate stuff is very good.. I love the coins.

http://www.geocities.com/nitestarr13/

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg