Help makin' me own piratin' outfit

Be needin' ideas fer makin' me own piratin' outfit, if ye please. Can't afford ta be spendin' too much o' me gold on it neither. Any info or advice would be grately appreciated, an me hats off to ye, when I gets one o' course.

Thank ye! An' 'ave a drink on me!!

The pirate Knifehand Ken captured many galleons, killing over five-hundred men in cold blood. He would tear the captains hearts out and swallow them whole. Often forcing his victims to eat their own lips.

Aye capt'n. If'n you be reading some of the threads in the Plunder section, you be getting great ideas. The easy cost effective way is go to thrift stores, flea markets and tag sales. You be finding pants shirts and other gear on the cheap.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Ye welcome lad. Be sending me an email, If'n you be near any of the ports in NH.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Do it the way ol' Redd does it, Ken! Start with a simple big shirt, a sash and baggy pants...and just start accumulating! I've got a shoebox full of found objects (antique keys, bones, trinkets....meat) that I use to decorate me outfits...

...a slighty time consuming (but REALLY worth it) endeavor is a thrift store, leather vest. Don't be buying a motorcycle vest now...it looks just what it is. But buy a couple of old leather coats...tear them apart, and hand stitch 'em together...Edward Scissorhands style.

I'm making a leather tricorn in this fashion...it just looks too wicked if ye don't mind my sayin' so.

-Redd

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Well, ye can also make yer own garb, if'n ye can sew, and have access to a sewing machine that is. I just made 2 frock coats for under $40, weatherd em in the back yard, and i do have to say, they look pretty darn nice :)

Just use wut ya got. Me sash is made from an old linnen bed sheet :P

I'm sure ye'll find it easier than ye think!

:P

Artemis

Purveyor of fyne plundar since 1605!