Just to make the nasty truth

• 3 weeks later...

alright ye scalliwags though there be a few items of interest and affaires in February left off here is Rummy and meselfs schedule going four months straight: Gets em on yer calendar now, dates are confirmed!

Feb 4th the dickens festival in riverside

Feb 5th F O F meeting in Irwindale

Feb 18th Arizona Ren Faire

Feb 19th Arizona Ren Faire

Feb 20th Arizona Ren Faire

March 4th Arizona Ren Faire Pyrates Weekend

March 5th Arizona Ren Faire Pyrates Weekend

March 11th Pomona Irish Faire

March 12th Pomona Irish Faire

March 18th Queen Mary Scottish games

March 19th Queen Mary Scottish games

March 24th Palm Springs

March 25th Palm Springs

March 26th Palm Springs

April 1st and 2nd Escondido

April 9th and 10th Escondido

April 15th Koronaborg

April 16th Southern

April 22nd Koronaborg

April 23rd Southern

April 29th Camarillo Scottish Games

April 30th Southern

May 6th Queen Bess Pirate days in Bakersfield

May 7th Queen Bess Pirate days in Bakersfield

May 13th Ojai

May 14th Ojai

May 20th Pirates days in Koronaborg

May 21st Pirates days in Koronaborg

May 27th United Highland Gatthering in Pomona

May 28th Southern or above

Damn! is that busy enough? :o:o:oB)

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Experience an' I plan on goin' ta:

March 24th Palm Springs

and of course, the Stranglehold's home port event,

Who's bringin' the jello shots???

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

March 24th Palm Springs

May 13th Ojai

May 14th Ojai

I fixed yer list!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

March 24th Palm Springs

May 13th Ojai

May 14th Ojai

I fixed yer list!

Aye me brother, those are indeed do'able fer us, I jes didn't get that far down tha' list fer long range plannin'. We 'spect ta be at lots' o faires in 2006 so I hopes ye don't mind some company at th' gate harrasin' the mundanes :ph34r:

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

March 24th Palm Springs

May 13th Ojai

May 14th Ojai

I fixed yer list!

Aye me brother, those are indeed do'able fer us, I jes didn't get that far down tha' list fer long range plannin'. We 'spect ta be at lots' o faires in 2006 so I hopes ye don't mind some company at th' gate harrasin' the mundanes :lol:

Mr Sam As the girls all say yoo hoo! thar be a dred day approachin ........

Nut I don't have anything ta do with it! I just bought a (new to me) 2003 E-150 two sets of captains chairs fully loaded all electric, trailer towing package all rigged and out the door $15,000. White with grey insides the guilds flagship just raised anchor! Huzzah!

Diego me brother, did ye' get the package wit' tha wet bar ina back?? Oh wait, that be where the water-bed be eh? Ye be a stylin' pyrate now lad. I'll help ye christen it at tha' next Faire we meet up at. B)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

If I were to attend only one in California, which one should I travel to see?

I'd say Ojai in September..... There are a lot of Fairs in California.... but they are mostly Renn. with some Pyrates..... Ojai in Sept. is where you can meet most of the West coast Pyrates.......

Note: I havent been to the (I think) Corona fair..... I think its sopose to be all Pyrate...... but I'm not sure

Based on the feedback I've gotten from Ojai, compared to my personal experience at Hellrona, if you had to choose one, Ojai would be it.

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

Well I'm kinda partial to two events. The Ojai pirate fest in Sept. is always good. But the Escondido Ren-faire either in the spring or fall is also very good and the setting is beautiful. Though currently the only pirate group at Escondido is Stranglehold, that's fine, they are a terrific preforming group.

The Devonshire faire is doubly fun wth the likes of Balck Hearted Pearl and her crew to party with throughout the day! I'm looking forward to attending again next fall! :(

Awww, thanks. That's sweet of you to say. :D

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

The problem with Ojai is there are very few places to stay and they are extremely expensive!

You can camp out in the outside parking lot if you have a tent/or vehicle to sleep in.

That's why I would recommend the Escondido faire- not that it's a pirate faire (yet), but there's lots of decent places to stay here for people visiting from elsewhere.