What do you do for a living

Professional leatherworker, author and instructor of maritime fighting styles of the 18th-19th centuries.

.....only cuz drinking isn't really a paid art.....

;)

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I deal in Sh!t :)

I own Richs Rooter Service. Its not fun.,I lost all my weekends for 24 years now :ph34r: . When they ask me if I've been busy ? I just give'm my dirty smile (Gold toothed grin) and aske'm if they wanna smell my finger? Tropico will be Bliss :ph34r:

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

EYE recently became a rock collector for the water fountain.

oh you meant fer a livin ? well ok I'm a machinist.

And I've been thinkin gold tooth too...

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

i climb trees for living with a chainsaw tied to my ass, and in my spare time i'm in the marine corps resevres....

....HMMMMM...YA HANG FROM A ROPE UP IN THE TREES WITH A SHARP, RUNNING CHAIN SAW.......I WAGER YER IN THE COMBAT ENGINEERS AIN'T YA's? :ph34r:

lol...howed ya know

Profession: Educating the minds of young Pirates through sports, but I make more money in my hobby . .

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Photogrammetry technician, which means I make topographical maps using aerial photography. I don't get to go up in the planes, but this gets pretty close sometimes. Unfortunately, most of the stuff I map are very boring, like highways, ditches and parking lots. But the scenery is always changing!

Professional storyteller - bard - raconteur here. I travel all over NC and beyond sharing folktales (including a wicked Blackbeard story) mainly with elementary students, although occasionally am lucky enough to tell to adults.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

I'm an Art Director. Thinkin about becoming a boarder patrol agent though. I like this job, cause it deals with art, but it lacks the excitement of my previous career.

Don't give up art for a Border Patrol agent. Besides if you went this route, you'd never be available for events and such, as we'd never see you again. The hours suck and the work isn't easy.

I remember when you were looking for a job that had art involved. Stay with it, it will bring out your creativity much more and the chance of being involved with your friends and events on weekends is much more fun, isn't it?

I'm a sort of freelance historian.

I write magazine articles and books (got me history of pirate flags coming out this year :lol: )

I do interpretation work in various museums and historic sites, and I work occasionally with museums on their artefacts. Was a museum/ship curator for three years.

I do education work, sometimes in schools but mostly through museums and historic sites.

I work as an advisor for TV sometimes (dunno if anything I've worked on gets shown in the States - did you guys get a series called "Battlefield Britain"?)

I've had some really crappy jobs in the past, and some better paid ones than what I'm earning now, but I'm not starving and I love my work.

I have a mate who does education work, particularly science, but he uses history as a way of teaching stuff. The reason I mention him is because he does blow stuff up to teach physics.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Work 'officially' in electronics, amusement industry for the last 17 years but drifting into pyrotechnics and electro-mechanical, ie. animatronics.

Hoping to get mainly into special effects for the film industry.

Not trying to be 'high' on myself, but I can do almost anything technical I set my mind to but get bored really quick... need something exciting and constantly changing to keep me interested.

skeletonav.gif

Well if you were a golden fool you would have the title Notorious Pyrite... would ye not?

Somehow bilge rat seems a bit more comforting for the moment... amazing how loyal rats can be to one another.... I suddenly got a mental image of a bunny with her crack up... er, cracked up bunny I meant to say... yessssss, that's it!

Must choose yer words wisely to avoid uneccessary misunderstandings eh?

Now... I have a mental image to enjoy....

skeletonav.gif

Hmmm...think I've been on this board too long - seems I remember this question before...but what the hell...

I'm a professional male model and international gigolo, also a .....

No, wait, that's my OTHER resume... ;);)

Taiji/qigong instructor, Doctor of Oriental Medicine, author, lecturer, actor (poor), and eternal pursuer of Christine (getting better).

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

• 2 weeks later...
I work as an advisor for TV sometimes (dunno if anything I've worked on gets shown in the States - did you guys get a series called "Battlefield Britain"?)

You were involved with that series? wow!

I loved that show!

We got it here in Canada

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)