Patrons at PiP

Jib

For those of you who have been to PiP how would you say the average plain clothes patrons are? In my expereince at Ren Faires some people are very engaging and enjoy direct intereaction with anyone in a costume (unable to tell cast from 'playtrons'). Others are fearful and like to watch but don't want direct interaction.

Having never been to Key West I wouldn't even begin to guess how your average family in plain clothes out for the day would react. i have heard that Key West is very open minded and creative.

About what percentage of people garb up as pirates and get involved?

Only the participants in the festival get in costumet. The locals don't participate in much of anything there. They just watch the fruitcakes stroll by. Everyone is just great there. Pirates are just part of the ordinary wallpaper there. My mate and I have been there outside of PiP in full regalia on Duval and in the bars and it's just another day in paradise to everyone.

So don't expect anyone to be too amazed, except the tourists. And get used to the fact that most of them don't know a festival is even going on. Some 5,000+ pour off the cruise ships each day at Mallory Square and flood the town. But they don't know what's going on there unless it was on the cruise director's list of tours.

Be prepared to pose for lots of photos.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

The kiddies love trinkets. No problem handing them out and prepared to be mobbed. :)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com