Trying to locate a pirate shirt

I'm looking for a pirate shirt that meets a specific personal requirement.

On some of the pirate shirts I've seen the shirt has an opening in the front near the neckline that is laced up. That opening area is normally about 1/10 of the length of the shirt. What I'm looking for is a shirt that is open to at least 1/2 of the length of the shirt, or more[preferably closer to 2/3 down the length of the shirt.]

I know Center Stage Costumes has a shirt like the one I'm looking for, and although I would like to get it, I would really like to get one from a vendor closer to Texas, if at all possible.

I would also be interested in finding a sewing pattern for a shirt like this.

If anyone can provide any assistance, even if there's a pattern somewhere that I can use, I would be greatfully appreciative!

Morick Towain, Captain of the Pirate Brethren of Texas

Morick Towain

IBoRP #116

Captain of the Pirate Brethren of Texas

Cap'n Towain, almost any seller of fine garb should be able to make a shirt to yer needs, jus' ask 'em. i make many items for me mates, and can name at least 3 others who would too, at no extra charge.( hint, smaller companys are much more willing to please) I do know of a pattern i think ye would like, and will try to get that to ye as soon as i can.

Amber Dawn O'Brannan

Weapons Marshall of the Buccaneers Fencing Club

Officer on the Ravens Flight

You can check out my website for this shirt. I sell these shirts for $35.00 which is very reasonable for the quality. They can be made in a variety of colors, and are made of heavy cotton. The URL is www.buccaneersquartermasters.com. I am located in Wichita, KS and have a 5 - 7 day turn around for items such as this. We would love to have our items going to Texas as I love the State and visit as often as I can... :rolleyes: Feel free to contact me anytime, my e-mail is Sapphire@BuccaneersQuartermasters.com.

Have a great day!!

Sapphire

• 3 weeks later...

There's also the wrap around shirts that might fit the bill. I've found them a few times at renaissance faires. They're kinda expensive, (Southern Faire in Ca sells them for about $60 *faint!*) and made of guaze, but they're really easy to make. And, iffn' you've the problem where the shirt wants to open up all the way down to yer belly button you can always add a tie half way down the shirt for modesty.

There's also patterns that can be found; I tend to find them at Alter Years or even at the fabric store. Some Simplicity patterns can be altered just a bit and make some of the most comfy shirts.

There's also Pendragoncostumes.com *purrs* they're Texas based and have garb that's a dream!

There's also the wrap around shirts that might fit the bill. I've found them a few times at renaissance faires. They're kinda expensive, (Southern Faire in Ca sells them for about $60 *faint!*) and made of guaze, but they're really easy to make. And, iffn' you've the problem where the shirt wants to open up all the way down to yer belly button you can always add a tie half way down the shirt for modesty.

Wrap around shirts are exactly the type of shirts I'm looking for! Scarborough starts next week......I'm going to have to go garb shopping to see if I can't find a shirt like that next week......

Although $60.00 is less than the wrap around shirt that Center Stage Costumes sell.

[Just bought some patterns, and saw some interesting ideas at Excalibur.]

Morick Towain

Morick Towain

IBoRP #116