PotC Book Out Soon

hurricane

Over the weekend my great media connection, Diosa, got us onto the MGM Studios lot here in Orlando in costume (that's a whole 'nuther story) so she could interview Jason Surrell, the author of the Haunted Mansion book (attraction to movie). He just finished Pirates of the Caribbean, a follow up book.

It's absolutely amazing - full of trivia and great stories of how the attraction came to be, the differences between all the park PotC rides and how it dovetailed into the movie.

It's on sale right now at the Magic Kingdom and I believe Disneyland. Here's a photo of us at Jason's signing. Of course, I'm stealing the book. I think it's set for release to the general public mid-month. Awaiting our Disney PR girl to let us know that.

Diosa will have more soon, including her interview with Jason about the book.

potc-book.jpg

Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished reading mine. It's a terrific read. And some of the stuff about the movie is just as interesting as the stuff about the ride itself. I used to think the Orlando ride sucked because it didn't go up the waterfall but the Imagineers were thrilled with it because they always considered going up so boring. Go figure. But they say the Paris version is the best one of all of them in terms of story telling and design. So now I've got to go to Paris, after the riots quiet down of course.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Awe man! Hurricane I missed meetin' yah again! I chose to head to the signing the day before (at the Magic Kingdom). Bought a few books for a friend and myself and got Jason to sign them. Didn't get to talk to him for long though (had family in for a visit), but I had the honor of interviewing him a few weeks before (TnT Interview). I'm not sure which book I like better though (the PoTC or HM)...they're both great reads.

I look forward to Diosa's interview sir. Btw...there's new and interesting news on the upcoming refurbs of DL and WDW's Pirates attractions. MiceAge Nov 8 News

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

So close and yet so far. We will finally meet up at Clearwater, will we not? We will be there from the gate opening on Saturday til about 4. We need to see our fellow lass, Paisley, get KO'd as a nun.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

You shouldn't be able to miss your mates. We tend to stand out even among a crowd of other pirates.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

It's $22.95 at the parks.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Excellent! I need something new to read! And er, Disneyland Paris, Hurricane?? I'm sure a few of the crewe could be convinced to go with ya, if the chance ever presented itself!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

I had a feeling my crewe would want to go on that voyage. Thanks for being the first Touche. As usual, you're at the top of my list.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I have a few friends (fellow Haunted Mansion fans) that keep telling me to go to DLP. Perhaps a raid across the pond a year or two from now is in order.

Hurricane - out of curiosity, do you have a favorite part of the book so far? Whether I pull out this new book, or the HM version, I always seem to be drawn towards the chapters focusing on the historical aspect of the attractions (including updates and "didja knows"). I have a harder time reading through the chapters that dive into the specifics on each park's version of the ride. That's likely due to the "our version is better than yours" comments I hear more often than I'd care to, which is silly.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

I definitely like the behind the scenes stuff, how the project was conceived, the development of the scenes, such as as the miniatures and office chair roll throughs. I didn't really care too much for how each ride differs, except for the trivia. I thought it kind of confusing there and would have liked to a section dedicated to a "ride through" of each of the rides from start to finish - so one for Disneyland, one for Magic Kingdom and one for Paris. But overall, I found the book a great read.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny