Random Topics

Patrick Hand

Hmm... sounds like you're feeling victimized at work and feel powerless to have any real impact on whether or not this happens. Does that sound close? Didn't you have an issue awhile back about a new person who decided she didn't want to work weekends when those of you with seniority were still expected to? Stuff like that would be frustrating enough to cause those kinds of dreams.

RHJMap.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one word for you young man - Meditation.

Well, yes. I have tried such and enjoyed it, but I was discussing this with a bunch of scientists and they would reject meditation as a form of knowing. Many of them would put it firmly under the heading of mysticism. Scientists want proof of causality. Proof, proof, proof.

If that is how they feel, don't blame meditation, blame the scientists. If they believe meditation is somehow mysticism, then they need to re-examine their beliefs. And if they aren't willing, they shouldn't be calling themselves scientists.

When you obtain understanding from meditation, there is no proof that you're right. But when you go and prove what you have understood, then you are using science and meditation falls under the heading of hypothesis and you are still using science.

I'm not suggesting using meditation as proof. I'm just suggesting it as a way to... clear your mind.

Young, huh? I'll bet I've got five years on you.  ;)

Thanks! You've given me inspiration for a new avatar!!! Huzzah! ;)

(And not that it matters, but if you are being truthful in your user info, you'll loose the bet.)

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I've been having weird dreams lately.

Weird. Stop watching Dark Shadows before bedtime. ;)

I had a weird one before waking up this morning. I had a dream that Ed Foxe had come over from England and attended the Pyrate Feast. He sure knows how to party! ;)

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

way to... clear your mind.
Young, huh? I'll bet I've got five years on you.  ;)

Thanks! You've given me inspiration for a new avatar!!! Huzzah! ;)

Uh oh.

You know, I really like my current avatar. The skeleton is playing chess, but he also kinda' sorta' looks like he hunched over a scotch at the bar. So I have no plans to change it anytime soon.

(And not that it matters, but if you are being truthful in your user info, you'll loose the bet.)

Well, since you're apparently not being truthful in yours (I hope), I can't say. Are we close in age? I thought you looked younger than I. (You'll have to go by memory; I removed my birthday info when it got near my DOB. I didn't want someone starting a "Happy Birthday to Mission or Caraccioli or Whoever the Hell You Are" thread. (or worse, "Happy Natal Day"...Natal Day? That just sounds creepy to me - like arriving amidst oozing, viscous fluids or something. I mean, it may be true and all but I'd rather not dwell on it. Humph. Yet here I am dwelling upon it.))

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

LOL about Dark Shadows!!!!! :ph34r: HA, you'd think, but lately I haven't watched that in awhile. Of course it's there in the subconcious, but still.... Actually I can see where the vampire one is most likely cuz I feel powerless in some situations in life. The situations are just biting me and I can't seem to stop them. The ghost one tho....that actually is creepy! Not entirely sure why I'm having that one, but it depresses me. It's like I've died or something and now I'm trying to get people's attention. Attention that I couldn't get in life so now I'm trying in death, ugh, scary! :ph34r:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Ok Caraccioli,

Let me reveiw here you would like to see another method of understanding come about as there is in some way for you a problem with the scientific method. Not a replacment but a third system of reasoning. I'm just guessing here but from you're posts it would seem your issue is with the high level of proof reguired in the scientific method. I could be way off base here but from the looks of things this could be brought on by a number of current and past events. Most notable would be the inability of some to understand that evolution (although in my opinion correct) is still just a theory. (kinda like it's a theory that my ciggaretts cause lung cancer another I agree with by the by) If this is a correct presumption then my argument agianst a new system of reasoning would be that the high standared of proof and the resulting theory's that do not become rules is quite the point. Before I go into a rant I'll stop since I could very well be 180 out and preaching to the choir

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

• 1 month later...

RACOONS.....

I have this racoon that steals the cat's food..... well I feel kinda sorry for it, so I feed it ... it was around here last Winter .... but not in Spring and Summers when food was avalible.....

I know that I should not feed it..... survival of the fittist ..... but what if it's (never asked if it was a male or female racoon... and would not understand if it did tell me...) But what if because the racoon will come so close to me.... that I anthropoliphamorphisize (obviously a miss-spelling) and do feed it.... isn't that survival of the fittist.... it figured out how to get food.....

(also if I ever get hungry... and racoon is taisty..... Hey... dinner is served...)

(OK... I'd have to be really hungry.... I'd rather watch it than have to eat it.....)

• 2 weeks later...

I think the rocket widget in Guinness bottles is a cruel secret toy surprise for grownups. It won't dump out on it's own once the beer's gone, eh? All it does is float about and fart out the necessary gasses to make the beer taste like draught. Well, sod that! I should be able to fling it at me mate as they try and toddle off to the loo! A little farting rocket to the back of the head? Brilliant! :) ;)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

The first time I had Guiness with the widget was something like ten years ago in Scotland. After finishing the can I promptly whipped out my knife and cut it open. And was mildly entertained by the plastic ball with a small hole. But the entertainment faded and I was left with something that was pretty much what kids put quarters into machines for, but less bouncy and cut finger.

I've been having weird dreams lately. I've been getting bit by a vampire in them. Another weird thing is I sometimes feel like a ghost in other parts of the dream. I'll be trying to get people's attention, but they can't see or hear me. This has gone on for a couple of nights now. Either I'm a vampire victim or I'm invisible to people, ghost-like. Ugh, something must be bothering me in my waking state to make me dream this way. :angry:

hmmmmmmmm...................................... :angry:

the last time i was having really weird dreams was when i was prescribed vicodin for pain because of my broken back last year. i also vowed never to touch that stuff again. there has to be something they can give me for severe pain that isn't going to mess up my dreams ans sleep! :angry:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

I had nightmares last night.

I saw this advertisement for this horror movie called Slither online and was grossed out. So like an idiot, I decided to do some searches to find out more info. I have this problem with movies about parisitic aliens, and it looks like that's what this one is about.

Then I drove my boyfriend's mom home from the airport, so that was kinda stressful.

Then I ate asparagus right before bed.

It was a recipe for bad dreams. I hope I sleep better tonight.

Yeah, that movie Slither looks disgusting! I'm steering clear of that one. Ya know, I like horror movies, but the ones about ghosts, not the ones where it digusts you and is so damn disturbing! My friend Toni told me how she recently saw the remake of The Hills Have Eyes. She also likes horror, but this one freaked her out pretty bad. She wanted to walk out, but her other friends wanted to stay and get their money's worth. It's the kind that's disturbing and disgusting. Yup, I'll steer clear of that one too. If I really want to see it, I'll rent it. That way if it bothers me really bad I'll just hit the stop button-lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I was planning on seeing The Hills Have Eyes but after you say that, I'm not so sure. I saw the original on DVD this weekend and it was pretty lame, I wasn't bothered at all. The blood (and there wasn't much of it) looked like thick koolaid.

I agree with you completely Christine. Give me a scary movie that is creepy on it's own merit, not because I want to vomit.

If I wanted to vomit, I'd drink the old milk in my fridge :lol:

I had nightmares last night.

I saw this advertisement for this horror movie called Slither online and was grossed out. So like an idiot, I decided to do some searches to find out more info. I have this problem with movies about parisitic aliens, and it looks like that's what this one is about.

Then I drove my boyfriend's mom home from the airport, so that was kinda stressful.

Then I ate asparagus right before bed.

It was a recipe for bad dreams. I hope I sleep better tonight.

I'm avoiding that one too. As much as I like Nathan Fillion's work (he plays a cop in this movie I think), I am SO not into creatures taking over (and possibly bursting out of) people's bodies. I was grossed out enough by Alien and Leviathan, and figured anything else along those lines crossed my boundaries on nightmare inducing movies.

Freddy and Michael Myers on the other hand are a few of my favorites. I like horror movies that have a slightly humorous take on what they're presenting. I'll watch those alone, or with a group of friends, and I know if I'm watching with them, it's going to be good (we typically provide constructive criticism to the characters, in a feeble attempt to tell them what they're doing wrong that'll get them killed). ;)

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

I love Freddy! Funny and scary mixed together, but more funny-lol! And Robert Englund rocks! Horror movies of course need to have scare to it, but not totally gross you out and disturb you so badly. Some would say then the director did a good job, but please, that's ridiculous! No reason to go to the extreme like that. Anyone see Red Eye? I just rented that the other day, great movie! Kept me on the edge of my seat and yelling at the screen-lol! Good psychological thriller!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Freddy freaked me out. First one that I saw was part 3, Dream Warriors. I don' know why, perhaps because it crept into my dreams? I couldn't go to the basement at night without first sending the dog down. It took me months to calm down! Haven't been to a horror flick in a long while. I think it's time for a good scare.

I saw Hostel a few weeks ago and it had me yelling at the screen and looking away quite a few time. It was pretty gorey.

You said it Sophia, I can't deal with the thought of anything eatting people alive. Yuck!!! For some reason vampires don't really bother me, it's just the parisitic aliens. You never know what's out there in space..or why they would want to eat people. Aren't there more appatizing creatures out there than us? There has got to be somewhere better for them to lay their nasty eggs ;)

Zombies eat people too.... I can watch some zombies, like the kind on 28 Days Later. But the ones on Dawn of the Dead make me gag.

I think I'm a ghost girl.

The first horror movie I ever watched was Halloween on the Spanish channel.

"A DONDE ESTA MICHAEL MYERS!?!?!?!?! AYIIIIIIIIIE!!!!!!"