Tallships Challenge 2006

the Royaliste

Aye, 'tis a wee bit early, but winter's around the corner, and this'll give everyone something to look forward to!

Join us for

2006 TALL SHIPS CHALLENGE® Great Lakes Series

July 12-16, 2006: Cleveland, Ohio

TALL SHIPS CHALLENGE® Cleveland

July 20 - 23, 2006: Bay City, Michigan

Tall Ship® Celebration: Bay City

July 27 - 31, 2006: Green Bay, Wisconsin

TALL SHIPS CHALLENGE® Green Bay

August 3 - 9, 2006: Chicago, Illinois

Tall Ships® Chicago

Hopefully, more ports will be added, as this is the early list, and I know there'll be some select cities receiving some also select ships not on this list....Yes, me bucko's, we're bringing the Pyrate Ship to the 'Lakes, and afterwards, we're plannin' an historic cruise thru the Richelieu, Lake Champlain, Lake George, and down the Hudson across New York!.We're not completely satisfied bein' the scourge of just one ocean, eh?

More information on the Tallships Challenge can be obtained thru the American Sailtraining website

ASTA

Yes, me bucko's, we're bringing the Pyrate Ship to the 'Lakes, and afterwards, we're plannin' an historic cruise thru the Richelieu, Lake Champlain, Lake George, and down the Hudson across New York!.We're not completely satisfied bein' the scourge of just one ocean, eh?

Well since you'll be in the neighborhood, bring her on down here to Maryland!!! There are plenty of pirates in these parts who'd love to meet you and your lovely ship!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Actually, the Eastern Seaboard is a late part of this 'ere adventure. After leaving the Great Lakes and traveling down the historic corridor in New York, we'll work RR way down the ICW, booking all possible venues(ports, museums, maritime assn.s) until we hit somewhere warm enuff to winter, betwixt Virginia and Cuba, and then....Tallships Challenge2007 is on the East Coast, racing from Florida north.........Basically, we're looking at two yars or more for these legs.......

B)

Go for it!!..Pyrates always welcome aboard Royaliste..Personally, I'd like to see Duluth/Superior added, but it takes a lot of dubloons in any given community to put one of these events on..As a former resident of the Iron Range, I'd gladly put in to port, but that said, Superior can be a tuff nutt to crack in the summer, when prevailin' Westerlies give way to strong Southwesters...dead on everyone's noses it'd be, eh??...A fun ride out, anyhoo!.At present, the only addition I've heard of is possibly Toronto('York' in RR century)...

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh scuttlebutt from the ASTA conference being held in Bay City, Mich. Looks as though Toronto is onboard as a host port, but no date announced yet. It'll be ahead of Cleveland. The Royaliste is now positively committed to these events. We'll decommission her in mid-May, ship her to Cleveland, and start the recommissioning process in a yet to be named marina. Bad news is that something always gets 'screwed up' during shipping. Good news is that we'll still be on the West Coast till spring(unless something else 'interesting' pops up)....

..........Whale watching season starts soon; not 'piratey', but waaay cool!

:unsure: