Pirates at WDW event?

I'd heard from a friend who went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (twice) last week that there was a crew of pirates stationed around the PoTC attraction singing songs and rabble rousing with guests. I was wondering if any of them were posters from this site?

**If this is in the wrong forum, many apologies. Please feel free to move if needed.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Diosa and I were there opening night making trouble out there with our friends from The Rusty Cutlasses - they work there as the pirate band. They were a lot of fun. Stop by and tell them Hurricane sent you - Nate will freak out!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I believe they're there every night of the event. It's a fun event. We wish we could go again but we have a PotC interactive on the 22nd and Guavaween on the 29th, so the calendar is a bit full. Enjoy the event and we hope to see you sometime since we're all neighbors.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I know a guy who does "stormtrooper re-enacting." He has gone to Disney World with his fellow stormtroopers, gotten in for free, in exchange for doing time for the public in his armor. I don't know if he does this every year, but for the sake of argument lets say he does. Also, I'm not sure how big this event is, but from what I've heard, it's pretty big. So, the question becomes, why doesn't Disney World invite a bunch of pirate re-enactors to do something similar for the public?

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Ahh...you must be referring to Star Wars weekends. I had seen a group (flock? gaggle? regiment?) of storm troopers this past summer at the event. Nothing like a man in uniform, even if it is white plastic and black lycra. B)

I recall seeing some pirates at WDW (at the PoTC attraction) a few years back, not during an event. Indeed, it would be great if Disney did that more often.

I'll be at WDW and thereabouts the Wednesday before Thanksgiving through December 1st. It would be fun to hook up with you locals if you're going to be around at that time. (I really want to see Pleasure Island - I hear it's supposed to be a Disney rendition of Key West.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'll probably be in town when you're here. Holler back when the time comes closer...and perhaps more folks can join in to welcome yah.

Pleasure Island has clubs (dance and comedy), shops, and a few places to eat. An Irish pub (Raglan Road?) will be opening up there in two or three weeks.

I probably won't know much more than I know now about it. My family reunites (my brother and two sisters are scattered all over the country) once a year to go on a monstrosity of a family vacation - which is WDW this year. As it happened, there is an AutoCad convention right after TG in Orlando and I'm staying for that as well.

I'll pm you come mid-November and see if we can arrange something. Maybe we could meet at Pleasure Island? (Er, I don't quite mean that like it reads. B) )

Perhaps Hurricane could make it too. (We could argue politics. B) )

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ahoy Matee's.....

I hear tale that you all hale from the Central Florida area. I drop anchor in the port of Casselberry Florida. Is anyone headed to Biketoberfest in another week? My friends and I are taking out bikes over but on Friday, 10/21, we are dressing up in our Pirate garb. If ye would like to join our merry band of men for some serious partying action, drop me a line ! B)B)B)

Unfortunately I won't be heading out any farther than the norm next week. I'll be spending a bit of time with family, and we usually hang at the parks (WDW) or somewhere nearby. I do hope yah have a great time though!

Ahoy Joshua Red.....

Yes, you are not far from me at all. If you get a chance, head up to Biketoberfest, it is truly a blast. I am sure most of what you heard is true. I have seen some pretty wild times up there over the years. They (Daytona City Fathers) are trying to make it a family event. I seriously doubt that is going to happen, so now Biketoberfest and Bike Week are moving out to Ormond and surrounding area. If you get out that way, drop me a line before you come out and maybe we can hook up. :huh:B)

Well, it would a been might fine to meet your aqaintance Captain Eisley. Maybe our ships will cross paths some other time. Have fun at the Mouse House but if you get bored, drop me a line.

Perhaps our paths will cross, sir. I'll holler if'n when. ;)

• 1 month later...

Some crewmembers from me pirate group, The Crewe of the Black Pearl, were at WDW on October 20th and 21st! We had a blast! And we were even asked to be Grand Marshals of the parade the first night!

You can check out pics of our raid on WDW at: www.photobucket.com

Username: seawolf88

password: pirate

Go to the DisneyWorld October 05 album

Here's a couple of my pics:

rustycutlass.jpg

hook.jpg