MEDIEVAL FAIRE AT MARIETTA HOUSE MUSEUM

crimson corsair

See the Middle Ages come to life at the annual Medieval Faire, Saturday, October 8 and Sunday, October 9, 2005 from 11 am - 4 pm on the grounds of Marietta House Museum in Glenn Dale, Maryland. Admission is $5/adults, $2/ages 4-18, free/ages 3 and under.

Meet Saxons, Normans, Vikings and re-enactors from other living history camps from the 11th - 15th centuries. Enjoy music, crafts, demonstrations, games and entertainment. Battle reenactments will be held throughout the day. Period merchants and artisans will be on site. This is family fun for all ages. No pets please.

Marietta House Museum is located at 5626 Bell Station Road, Glenn Dale, Maryland off of Route 193 and just north of Route 450/Annapolis Road. Take Capital Beltway/I-495/I-95 exit 20A 4 miles east to Route 193 West. Bell Station Road is the first left off Route 193.

For more information please call 301- 464-5291 or TTY 301-699-2544 or visit our website at www.pgparks.com.

The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Please contact the facility at least two weeks in advance of the program start date to request an accommodation (i.e. sign language interpreter, support staff, etc.).

"No matter where you go. There you are."

Battle reenactments will be held throughout the day.

This must be the annual re-enactment of the Battle of Hastings with the group I used to do medieval re-enacting with.

Some pics from two years ago... mandatory pirate content? Ok, two of the Pirate Brethren are in this pick. Scurvy Hanna is on the left wearing the dark colored leather lamellar armour. Palmetto is two down from him.

hastings01.jpg

And our very own Not So Young Jim Hawkins!!! There he is, in the Saxon shield wall!

hastings02.jpg

Note. Marietta does a timeline event in April, or May. It's a good event. Lots of different time periods.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.