The Texas Renaissance Faire

Blackbead

Ahoy there me lads and lasses!

It be that time of year again and I was just wonderin' which of you fine folk might be wanderin' to the Texas Renaissance Festival? I ask 'cause me and me friends'll be there on the weekend of October 22-23. If'n ye be payin' attention then ye know that this particular weekend be their "Roman Bachannal." Well, if ye show yer mugs that weekend, look for this old seadog dressed as a Cilician pirate!

Which brings me to a question - any suggestions on how to dress as such? Me plans so far are to wear a tunic with a broad belt, a shoet sword (mine is a cross between a gladius and a hoplite's sword), some cross-tied mocassin boots, and a long, hooded cloak (hey, it should be chilly!) But, help is always welcome and if'n ye have more info on these fellow freebooters then I'll be glad to receive your epistles!

Cast off! And I'll see ya when I see ya!

Blackbead

Master of the "Adventure Fantasy"

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

The Missus and I are tryin' our best to blow cool winds your way! Lord know it's no fun gettin' all decked out in yer swag and havin' it be ungodly hot! Hoist a pint or many in thoughts of us, trapped in the Great White North...

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

MAD JACK!! IT WORKS!!!

Please be acceptin' the many thanks of those sould here in the Lone Star State. It's currently 65 degrees and supposed to get in the upper 40's tonight! Whatever you and the missus are doing, keep it up!

Hmmm, I suppose ye can take that a couple of ways . . . and I hopes ye'll be takin' it however way ye can get it!! :huh:

Agin, me thanks fer yer friendly thoughts and wishes fer comfortin' weather. It appears ye have another wish come true!

A fair wind and a low-ridin' merchantman!

Blackbead

Alas, dear sir...Our paths shall not be crossing. We shall be loading up and making a caravan down the weekend before for Jour de L'amour . ( Oct. 15 / 16 ) I am passing on the Roman Festivities and diving into the French Festivities, instead. Vive la France!! Those poor creatures will not know what hit them. May your journey be as delightful as I know mine will. :D

And many thanks to you, my dearest Jack. For you have well accompished you intents and sendings of cooler weather. It was right chilly this morning and only 64 degrees now.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Arrrggg! Sorry Aye be to hear that! Aye would have loved to introduce ye to me better half, Captain Jane Jasper. To be sure, tho' we be not meetin' this 'venture, both thee and me will be havin' a grand time, Aye doubt not! Till our paths meet again, fare thee well!

Blackbead