Kearny Park Faire - Nov 12th and 13th

Red-Handed Jill

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahoy Jill, I be plannin on goin to Kearney Park fer the first time this year. I havna looked at places to stay yet, so ifin ye know of any, let me know love. Ye can count on me help ifin ye need another pyrate wench. :P:lol:

Scarlet McBayne

" Touch not the Cat without a Sheild " McBayne motto

"red is the Rose in yander garden grows

Fair is the Lily of the Valley"

Yargh! Rummy and I be walkin the entire site fer the producer since there are many ways to enter and the entry fee will be at parking gates not on the actual site we will be piece tying the whole day just partying along throughout the whole faire area (and hiding out in the tent on wheels partyin jes like a good pyrate should...) We should like to say too that this event is for the Catholic Charities and sponsers a food drive with discount entry with can food donations as well..... Don't ferget to tip yer waiters.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Excellent!!

Scarlet, there are a plethora of hotels in the area, but the best priced ones are right next to the railroad tracks. Unless you are a very heavy sleeper, trains nearby = no sleep. And the hotels further from the train tracks are over $100/night. However, I was able to find an EconoLodge not by the tracks for about $70 per night and AAA gave it three diamonds. It appears to be the only three diamond hotel in the area for under $100.

Here's the info:

EconoLodge

RHJMap.jpg

I'd liken ta say yeh Patrick about feasting I am such the not worthy candidate fer the volunteering as I been afflicted on the heavy side with arthritic lock downs now near to every faire so I'm not drynkin tryin to solve it all out but nay it not be workin either I think quiznos or subway would suit me fine but Rummy hates sandwiches so you Caroleen, Scarlet and Rummy plan what ye will and I'll rest me wary'd bones

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Red Handed Jill, we'd like to help out with the Pirate Encampment as well! And Caroleen - thar cannot be pyrates without a party! Let's plan on more frivoloty in Kearny park indeed! We all be looking forward to our last faire of the year - it has to go out with a bang! :lol:

Looks like Bedlam is shaping up to be a fine pyrate encampment. The plan is to set it up as a big warren, rather than a bunch of separate encampments, so the more the merrier sez I!

Because there are so many folks in our camp, I think we're going to step out for dinner and come back for the festivities. We'll have the usual sea chantey sing along (with table dancing :lol: ) and our special pirate pinata!

RHJMap.jpg

;) Feast or not to feast? makes not matter to I....always another time ands another place......but lets feast....Rummy, any ideas? just pass the word and I's be willing to put forth. Patrick makes some MEAN bread and ye has already tasted whats I can do.......no sandwiches for I ......just too good of an opportunity to do what I's do........pot luck perhaps with a theme?

Caroleen ;););) :) :) :) :) ;)

Fresno's drive is puss compared to northern! but I must say i did just get a rise thinkin about carnitas and lambroast maybe we should do the carnitas Friday night? Beer and wine and a few table dances and save the absolutely wild time, all the rum and the lamb roast fer Saturday night? I be thinking we'll leave here noonish Friday! puts us there afore dark!

Just found out that the Bedlam encampment is not a pirate encampment but a 16th century insane asylum. We were told to not wear our pirate gear.

From Captain Woody of the Crew of the Dirty Rotten Oar:

"The idea behind Bedlam at Kearney is to portray the “dark side” of England, and for guilds to come together as a community. We will try not to have “perimeters” per say. I don’t know how much backyard space we will have as we are backing up to the road and I’d kind of like to have a decent appearance, not a bunch of screens.

The year is still 1547, Edward is going to be crowned King (at fair on the main stage). We will be located at the customary place but Joyce has given me free reign (pardon the pun) over the area. She has let me expand out to the road. What we are trying to accomplish is to make Bedlam a community of “rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, a$$-kickers, sh**-kickers and Methodists” in period garb and attitude (apologies to Mel Brooks). This area is not meant as Pirate’s Row. We have Bakersfield for that. This is a renaissance fair. And since the fair nazis (bloody elitists!) are out in force, try to keep it period. (Emphasis added by Woody) I don’t want this to reflect badly on Joyce. It is an experiment in the mega-guild concept.

Last year COTDRO was asked to attend as Pirates by the event organizer, we were frowned at mightily by the PTB (Powers That Be). I think what Diane is saying here is that this IS an Edwardian faire. The time period is very specific (between Henry VIII and Elizabeth I) and they want to keep things period appropriate. She sent this email to all of St. Gregs noting for them not to dress as pirates."

FYI

RHJMap.jpg

matey! ye haves yer entirety packed thursday night ye take it all with ye ta work ye leave from work and ye mosey on into town find the likes o the encampment and ye telss em yer workin wit the likes of (oops ye best private msg me) we'll get ye in and campin with the likes of all us.

This goes fer anyone needin to party in Fresno! You must volunteer to work two hours for the faire. Then it be yer party as well....

Jes know nothin is free and if it is... its worth what ye gave fer it. (nothin)

Roast leg o' lamb! B) ......Carnitas! B) .......n' all the drink! B) Damn, damn n' double damn! Some o' me favorite stuff. Ye all makin' me drool on me keyboard B) .....somehows I gotta drag me sorry butt to one o' these here events if I can only get out o' workin' on the weekends.....>sigh< :rolleyes:

I thoughts ye was planning ta meet us in Escondido -what takes your time up on the weekends, lad. YNow ye knows there's nothin' better than partyin' with yer mates! (and their mates, and their mates, and so on and so on...) ;)

. YNow ye knows there's nothin' better than partyin' with yer mates! (and their mates, and their mates, and so on and so on...)[/b][/color][/font] :lol:

and scooby doobie doobie

oh sha sha we got ta live together yeh yeh!

now there be some lyrics!

Ello Mates..... ;) Have make it saftly ta me's new port werz I be callin home fer now. Looks like Kearny is gonna be a fine good time and can't waits ta be grubbin and groggin an's the fine table dancin with all me mates.

Rummy, I think a salad and Patrick Hands fine home made bread would be great for Saturday night. I will mostin likely be with the Tales outs and abouts Friday night. Nots sure yet. We shall see.

Great to be back online with ye all ;)

;);););););););););););)

Caroleen Cross

Stayin Single....seein double....sleepin tripple

A World without Pirates.......I'd rather be Dead!

:P We be ready fer Kearny Park we be. Fine Grub n' Grog to be had by all. Will havta bring all da shackles.....lots of pyritical....I means political folk we can send ta the gallies :P Hopes they plan on fightin fair. Thinks we got them out numbered! :P

Caroleen Cross

Stayin Single....seein double....sleepin tripple

A World without Pirates.......I'd rather be Dead!