Traditional Macrame

Deadeye

Does anyone have any rescources for learning tradtional Macrame or Chinese knotting? I was to make a baldric for my blade and i want it nice and broad and flat. Thought it might make a good bit of flare for my kit.

Thanks in advance to all

- 10 Fathoms Deep on the Road to Hell... Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum...

Believe me, Rummy Lass, There isnt much I wouldnt trade to be back in So Cal.... It Rains way too much in VA, there is no good Mexican food, and it gets way too cold!

- 10 Fathoms Deep on the Road to Hell... Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum...

Deadeye, have you tried a single strand of rope, twisted into two loops (so it forms 5 strands) and then plaited (braided) them ? (OK.... a drawing of what I'm trying to describe would make more sence........)

One loop (with the ends of the rope going out both ends of the loop) will form three strands for plaiting... it will make the rope wider, but 5 strands, (and mashing it flat) will make it even wider and more comfortable across your shoulder...... The most difficult part, is figuring out how long to make the loops (you have to plaite and hope it's long enough, or un-do everything and change the size of the loops..... untill you get it the right length...)

OK..... maybe I will have to do a drawing to show what I'm trying to describe...... :unsure:

Believe me, Rummy Lass, There isnt much I wouldnt trade to be back in So Cal.... It Rains way too much in VA, there is no good Mexican food, and it gets way too cold!

That's exactly what my girlfriend that moved to Delaware keeps saying! The Mexican food part seems the saddest, I think!