Screensavers?

John_Young

Anyone know where I can get free pirate-y screensavers for the 'puter?

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

I have got some pretty great desktop themes from;

theme world

I have one that made my cursor a nice piratical saber for pointing and a spinning skull or waving pirate flage on the saber for loading.

it also has sounds from the pirates of the caribbean ride at dysneyland.

the one I have is titled 'pirates" (duh)

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

• 1 month later...

In the merchant and smugglers section of NQG you can or could (havn't checked in awhile)find a listing for " Pirates! The CD-ROM " . It is great it has acouple of themes a screensaver or two ,artwork, songs ,stories , reciepes, ect.. Just about anything to do with Pirates is on there. So check it out. :)

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

I'm a big fan of webshots. You can add your own images, which is what I've done over years of looking at the internet tall ship pages. Just download the images to your harddrive and drag 'em into the webshots window, and you've got insta-piratical screensaver. To make it even more authentic, some o' the images MIGHT be a-pirated...

Coastie B)

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

I'm a purist (sometimes) so my favorite pirate screensaver is a basic Jack Rackham flag blowing in the wind. But don't settle for that "3D flying objects" flag that comes with some versions of windows, get this. It renders an absolutely gorgeous 3D flag. It doesn't come with a jolly rogers texture, but you've prolly got a dozen of those already. Here's a screenshot:

flag.gif

But believe me, the picture doesn't do it justice - you can actually feel the wind rip past you as this thing flaps in the wind.

Oh, and yes, it's FREE.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

I found a fine screensaver at www.johngroves.org. It consist mainly of paintings by the artist of ships and seafaring life. There are not many of pirates but, his Battle of Trafaga is quite well done. It's worth the look just for this guy's painting ability alone.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

I found a fine screensaver at www.johngroves.org. It consist mainly of paintings by the artist of ships and seafaring life. There are not many of pirates but, his Battle of Trafaga is quite well done. It's worth the look just for this guy's painting ability alone.

his stuff is really great,it really puts ya back there in time with em.

:)

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions