An idea, maybe ya might likes

So, Red and I were talking about holloween and dressing up. Then we talked about Knotts Holloween haunt, etc... Well, you cannot dress up there. So here's where the discussion led.

March 18, 1967 was the openning day of "pirates of the Carribbean" ride at Disney, Anaheim, CA. how cool would it be if they were bombarded and boarded by us in garb? Of course we couldn't bring weapons or alcohol (where'd the fun go?) But I thought it might be an idea worth throwing out there. Especially since I know all the goth kids picked some day every year to fill the park with them all in black and such.

I don't know about Disneyland but you're not allowed on the grounds in costume at the Magic Kingdom, DisneyWorld, except for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween evenings. They don't want people in costume to be confused as working there. It's a liability thing as much as it's a loss of control, something the Magic folks like to keep a handle on.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

March 18 be a Saturday in 2006, I'm sure I'll most likely be there. I tend to go almost every weekend or some time during the week. The thing is they don't allow people to come in costumes, except for Halloween. Perhaps I could drop them off an email and see what can be done. Aye, if the goths and the gays get a special day why can't us pirates? BTW, gay day was just this past Saturday. I think it's a great idea and would be a ton of fun! My uncle would especially love the idea of wearing garb to Disneyland, as would my cousin. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Not So Scary is the time though. They're very accommodating then. Here's me in the jail on the PotC ride at the Magic Kingdom here.

jail.jpg

- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

We pressed the issue a lot there but they were nice. The staff let us go behind the chains and such for many of our photos. It was great fun. I would definitely recommend the event to anyone, even without kids. The park looks so different from the regular days, the fireworks show was amazing and the villians get their moment in the spotlight at the parade. We particularly loved the haunted mansion - the staff there was able to really gore themselves up a bit. One of the best events Disney has, particularly since you do get to go in costume.

Diosa and I had to laugh as we entered. We gave coins to two little boys who then had their photos taken with us. Then they had us autograph their Disney autograph books. That was Diosa's first autographing section. I knew she'd dig that!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

It's now through the end of October on select dates.

Here's a link to some information.

http://allearsnet.com/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

They allow you in costume and they even have trick or treating for kids and adults. Can't have sharp weapons or replica (or real) pistols. Otherwise, they're good with ya in gear.

Oh, and you also get a complimentary photo of you and your companions...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Here's another photo, this time of Diosa and I inside PotC. Definitely worth getting the photos during the event.

notsoscary5.jpg

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Well, perhaps Iron Bess can look into March 18th for us. See if it be okay to come dressed in garb for this special Pirate anniversary. :(

Hey! I'd piece tie! But I have a date on the Queen Mary (Scottish Games ya know) and Kilting is A O K There for that! Dart tournament and everything! Huzzah! Happy anniversary POTC but first things first....

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Peace tying would do you no good.

There's one thing Disney doesn't ever allow: weapons. You have to leave all of them behind, even for the Not So Scary Halloween unless they're plastic. No replicas. Nothing. They won't even let you on the property, even with tickets.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

There's one thing Disney doesn't ever allow: weapons. You have to leave all of them behind, even for the Not So Scary Halloween unless they're plastic. -- Hurricane

That's why I found a plastic version from the Halloween store that fits into my scabbard. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.