Slop Contract Garments

Slopmaker Cripps

Everyone,

Just thought I'd drop a line to let everyone know the re-opening of Slop Shop Reproductions will occur here in the next few months. However, we are changing things around a bit. Instead of offering all the various styles that we did beforehand, we have decided just to make the Slop Contract garments. I have been making these style of garments for awhile for my Royal Navy shipmates, just never offered them openly. More details about what slop contracts we will be using and the details thereof will be posted on the website when we can finally get things going. Another change is that we will be offering the garments in runs. This will produce better service for both the consumers and myself. Also, due to the cost of the specialized materials to make the garments, I will not be making them 100% handsewn as in the past. They will be expensive enough to construct as is just from material costs. I do, as always, handsewn buttonholes, topstitching, and all the other pertinent places so that my customers can have the most authentic looking garments without turning their rent money over to me. Anyway, please keep an eye on the website in the next couple of months as the re-opening develops.

http://slopshopreproductions.freeservers.com/

Cheers,

Adam C., Slop-man & Ordinary Seaman

Frigate Squirrel; "The Fish-Broth Society"

Greg,

Sounds great. BTW how are things going? Haven't heard from you in months.

Deadeye,

Aye, I had a period in there where I was forced to stop production. Many different reasons, which I won't wase forum space with.

I should have things back up and running in the next month, so just keep an eye out for updates.

Cheers,

Adam C.

That would be great, Lad! I am going to attempt to hand stitch a pair of real Linen slops soon. All my past ones have been cotton Canvas, but now i am really striving to be as authentic as possible. Know any way to do Machine sewn seams so that they will be hidden? I dont really trust my sewing abilities :huh:

- 10 Fathoms Deep on the Road to Hell... Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum...