GAoP Gaming

The Doctor

I've developed a fascination with historic games of chance, particularly from the GAoP. I bought a couple of books from MacGregor Historic Games on card and dice games, and I'm curious if any of you have run across good sources for ancient game rules.

Thanks in advance! B)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Cool!!! Thanks for the link! That's one of those things I've tried to get going in camp, but to no avail. Actually... that might have been when I was doing revwar, but anyway, it would be cool to do in a pirate camp!!!

A few years ago I found some sites online with rules for period games. I believe there was a French cardgame I found rules for... and maybe something else. I don't know if those sites are still around. And I don't know if I kept those printouts of the rules. I'll dig around today as I'm getting my gear ready for tomorrow. Maybe I'll find something.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• 4 weeks later...

On my oiled groundcloth for my bed roll, (The Buccaneer Project) I painted a 9 man Morris and Backgammon board, then carry some white and black pebbles as game pieces and a small pair of bone dice ...... it takes up almost no space in the snapsack, but now I can play period games..........