ARRR! Project: Fighting Web Pirates Program

Swarthy_Maurice

Greetin's, I'm in the process of developin' The ARRR! Project, a web application that (when finished) will let users create their own pirates, set the pirate's personality, then let the pirate loose in a Simulated Pirate world; they can then read the webpage to see what their individual pirate is doing (detailed down to a ship-by-ship, cutlass-blow by cutlass-blow level), and what other pirates/pirate ships are up to.

It's more like the old "Fantasy Baseball" type programs rather than a computer game--because you set your pirate loose & then watch what decisions he makes based on what happens to him & his personality, rather than making each decision yourself....but Web browsing seems a perfect format for this kind of thing: lots of computer-created content to look at, updated 24 hours a day!

Currently I am probably a month or more from finishing it (if I can find enough time), but I have several demos up of the various parts that will go into the finished project, most notably the ARRR Mass-Melee Between Two Crews. Anyway, thanks, and I'd appreciate any feedback y'all have.

PS: Arrrrr.

Busy week for The ARRR! Project; I added both Arrrtificial Intelligence and a graphic representation of the combat p0h.gif to the ARRR Mass Melee Demo, & we got on the talklikeapirate.com's links page :ph34r:

Plus, a coherent summary of what the ARRR! Project will be when it's completed.