Pirate of Choice

Monterey Jack

I guess I would have to say Captain Edward England. I admire his principles in giving prisoners good treatment, even to the point of being overthrown by his own crew...as I would no doubt be were I a pirate captain.

I could definately say who I don't identify with, and that is Edward Low. That guy was a real bastard.

Sea Captain: Yar, that be handsome pete, he dances on the pier for nickels!

Sea Captain: Arrr... you gave him a quarter, he'll be dancin all day.

"a French pirate who roamed the Indian Ocean during the early 1700s. In 1721, La Buse, along with English pirate John Taylor and their crews, ransacked the Nossa Senhora do Cabo, a Portuguese frigate undergoing repairs near Mauritius, about 1,000 miles south of the Seychelles. The Cabo carried gold, uncut diamonds and church regalia belonging to the retiring viceroy of Goa. At the time, Goa was a Portuguese colony on the west coast of present-day India. La Buse and Taylor made off with the treasure—then valued at more than a million pounds sterling—and divided the spoils. Most of La Buse's considerable fortune, says Frank Sherry, author of Raiders and Rebels: The Golden Age of Piracy, came from his capture of the Cabo. French authorities caught up with La Buse a few years later near Réunion, a rugged volcanic island south of Mauritius. In 1730, as he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words: "My treasure to he who can understand.""
by Michael Behar a Smithsonian article.

I liked La Buse becuase he was rebellious to the end....Free spirited, something they could'nt take away in the End. He died many a pirates death. B)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Drake (yeah, I know, not strictly a pirate) or Morgan.

Hawkyns

;)

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Ex-Italian Dominican priest Signor Caraccioli, cohort and philosophical muse for Captain Misson. He was also fictional, something I greatly respect and admire. ;)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Call me a bit, cliche, but I have always admired and found fascinating, Edward Teach.

I like his use of theatrics and his flare for the dramatic was interesting to me. he seemed to know what has been repeated in stories through time... a flare for theatrics can elevate you from more than just a mere man, to somthing of a myth or legend.

he used his prey's fears against them and that I find to be truly fascinating. Also, it is reported by Cordingly that after the Scot Sailor in Maynard's crew dealt the blow to his neck and shoulder, he said to the man "Well done, Lad" I admire that courage and fortitude even when he new he was about to die.

Impressive if you ask me. Maybe not the smartest man, but brave and cunning...

- 10 Fathoms Deep on the Road to Hell... Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum...

• 2 weeks later...

Last year when I got a part at the FPF, I tried to find a female pirate to modle, and could not find one. So I guess I am a breed of pirate all my own! :lol:

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Burried in here is an interesting topic on Calico Clothing, I am going to start a new thread in Twill about Calico so if you want in on that discussion come over to the Twill Forum...

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

As to my Pirate....

Probably Major Bonnet. A real want-to-be without much nautical skill.

He might NOT have know how to BE the best pirate, but he certainly knew how to LOOK like one! (see the similartity? :ph34r: )

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!