Talk Like a Pirate Day

blackjohn

It's never too late to learn a few vulgar words. And Captain Grose, with his Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue, should give you plenty of colorful words to spice up your piratical holiday. I found a link to an e-text of his dictionary. Enjoy.

http://www.harvestfields.ca/etextLinks/31/00.htm

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Ahoy and Avast!...If'n any 'o you scurvey dogs RR lookin' fer somewhere to 'Talk Like a Pirate' on Monday, then Head on o'er to the Channel Islands Harbor, and in front 'o the Whale's Tale' restaraunt, you'll find the Pyrate Ship Royaliste..Hop aboard, give it your best piratal oration, and the first 50 will get a free 'Royaliste Tattoo'......Yaarrgh, mates, be there or be 'normal'...(jeesh!)

:lol:

ROYALISTE Layin' Siege to the Channel Islands....

Ahoy and Avast!...If'n any 'o you scurvey dogs RR lookin' fer somewhere to 'Talk Like a Pirate' on Monday, then Head on o'er to the Channel Islands Harbor, and in front 'o the Whale's Tale' restaraunt, you'll find the Pyrate Ship Royaliste..Hop aboard, give it your best piratal oration, and the first 50 will get a free 'Royaliste Tattoo'......Yaarrgh, mates, be there or be 'normal'...(jeesh!)

Capt'n!!

You 'll all be in front of the Whale and Ale on Monday???? (Or the other Whales Tale at the shores edge)

Whoo Hoo!!

And me on vacation for two weeks??!!!

I will SO try and make it down! (Warn the first mate!)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Capt'n!!

You 'll all be in front of the Whale and Ale on Monday???? (Or the other Whales Tale at the shores edge)

Whoo Hoo!!

And me on vacation for two weeks??!!!

I will SO try and make it down! (Warn the first mate!)

B)

Aye, 'Bess!! We're in front of the Whale's Tale and the 'Port Royal'..thar be a tee-shaped dock betwixt 'em on the water, Sat and Sun. the Spirit of Dana Point is also here, but they'll be bookin' back home after the event, and we'll still be 'ere!....(gotta head north Tues. to see the sawbones for a post-op and swap starters for the ship)....Then back in time for Ojai....And, not tooo long 'til Buccaneer Days at Catalina!!!...Yaaa-Hooo!!!

B)

Ahoy, there, maytee!!...The Channel Islands Harbor be the 'waterside' 'o Oxnard, a wee bit up North and a point RR two West of your position....Dana Point was fun, but a might difficult for access due to the raft-up....Nice Little side tie 'ere, and the Spirit 'o Dana Point just tssed out docklines.......

B)

Why, how kind of ye both . Blimey! Even a map! Had the pleasure of boarding the Royaliste in Dana Point, & meetin up wid the lass Kathy. Bought a lovely poster of yer ship. Tis highly romantic sailing a real pyrate ship from port to port, and I be following yer adventures in this here forum . I'd be mighty pleased to meet you all on Monday.

.....And Blackhearted Pearl, ye be from Arizona? Don't tell me ye come all that way for events?

Aye, that I do. Me in-laws live in Anaslime (Anaheim), so I have a place to stow me gear and crew while there. Me current traveling mate is trying to figure out how to fly us in for Ojai. At this very moment, I am seriously considering it. :)

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

.....And Blackhearted Pearl, ye be from Arizona? Don't tell me ye come all that way for events?

Aye, that I do. Me in-laws live in Anaslime (Anaheim), so I have a place to stow me gear and crew while there. Me current traveling mate is trying to figure out how to fly us in for Ojai. At this very moment, I am seriously considering it. :)

If'n ye make it to Lake Casitas, then ye'd best be hikin' down the road a piece to the harbor, RR we'll be sendin' out the press gang!....Two more days 'til 'Talk Like a Pirate' day, eh??....Just remember to 'RRRR-tick-you-late!!!