New Rum - Captain Morgan 'Tattoo'

Lady Alyx

I always go by the rum section in the store to see what new rum comes onto the store shelves. The other day I spied a 'new' Captain Morgan. It is Captain Morgan 'Tattoo'. Of course I bought it...and of course I tried it right away...mixing up a rummer/coke for my best girlfriend and meself....and I was surprised I liked it very much! It has a hearty taste and it is almost black in the bottle. My favortite rum is Sailor Jerry..it used to be the Captain, but this new one took me by surprise. Also I have tried one called 3 Palms and it also has a hearty taste as if you could taste the wood from the rum casks.

Has anyone else tried these..?

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

I would love to, but am not making it to that fair...it's a bit too far away for any of my folk to travel to...perhaps next time! Thar sure'll be some new fangled one out by that time...wink!

Anyone in the Los Angeles area planning a Pirate Halloween party ?

Lady Alyx

'Tis been out for a little whilest now.

With a splash of Cranberry and Ginger, makes for a night of forgetfulness . .

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Tattoo may be alright mixed, but straight up (which is how I usually take me rum) it tastes too much like Jagremeister... which makes sense as that's the market it's supposed to compete in. And, as I don't like overly sweet drinks OR licoriche, I have to pass on the Tattoo.

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

I have not swigged it down straight yet...however it does have some after tastes...me beau tried it straight last night and he said fruity...I tend to think it has some type of herbal taste as well...It reminds me of root beer or maybe horehound.

Lady Alyx

I grabbed th' first bottle out o' the box when it showed up at my local store B) ; I like the captain but this one tasted too much like alcoholic Dr. Pepper to me.

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

I've had some around for a while -- I haven't found it to be a good mix yet (I'm a Pussers & Pepsi With Lime gal myself) but a little on the rocks makes a nice nightcap -- probaby because it reminds me of Nyquil. :lol:

Anyway, once this bottle is gone, I doubt I'll purchase another.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with Rummy the likes of it were to the liking (well and licking) since you asked if it spilled it got licked up as well and I liked it fine. I did find that morgans spiced mixed on the half with tatoo and a smidge of vanilla rum did make a quite nice blend of flavors straight up!

By the by, has anyone heard of dogfish rum?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

By the by, has anyone heard of dogfish rum?

I have heard of it, Diego, but never has it passed me lips. Is it worth the while?

I gotta say it is so worth not opening just because the bottle top (cork) is plasticized with a fuse hanging out of it you know like a (sp) mallotov coctail it's called honey rum aged in oak barrels and is quite the gold color looking alittle thicker (like a liquoure) I cant replace it if I opens it and loves it is my dilemma.....

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

I found a little history on it

Brown Honey Rum: A double-distilled, amber rum aged on American oak and wildflower honey. Dark and smooth, this rum has a subtle woody character from the oak aging and a touch of sweetness derived from the honey.

Available for distribution in DE, MD &PA

here:

Dogfish Head

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI ...this month's "Caribbean Travel and Life" has some great articles on Rum, informative and interesting.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...