Hand Sewing a Coat

MadMike

Started hand sewing my coat yesterday. Modified the Simplicity pattern with that of a 1700 coat pattern obtained from "The Costumer's Manifesto" website. Gentlemen of Fortune has a great picture spread on a completed coat here-

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/Justaucorps.htm

I guestimate it'll take about another week or so, not counting the time spent on sewing the button holes. ;)

Material is 100 percent wool suiting, light gray colored (or is that grey coloured?). Inner lining is off white colored muslin.

Will try to post pics if possible as I progress.

Yours, &c.

Mike

Try these for starters- "A General History of the Pyrates" edited by Manuel Schonhorn, "Captured by Pirates" by John Richard Stephens, and "The Buccaneers of America" by Alexander Exquemelin.

Dude!

Don't wait till its finished!!! Start posting pics of your progress!!!!

I am dying to see them.

I am about 80% done with my sailor short jacket. I found some 100+ year old hand woven linen at a German Flea market for the lining and am using a vintage blanket (wool) for the outter shell.

I will post some pics of my progress as well!

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

GoF,

No problem, finished sewing one sleeve last night and the back of the coat the day before. Still have to order buttons, so it won't be complete for about another two weeks.

Yours, &c.

Mike

Try these for starters- "A General History of the Pyrates" edited by Manuel Schonhorn, "Captured by Pirates" by John Richard Stephens, and "The Buccaneers of America" by Alexander Exquemelin.