New RenFaire in Texas!

Blackbead

Ahoy, me buck-o's and gentlefolk of fortune everywhere!

The crew of the "Adventure Fantasy" be manning the capstan and setting sheets for an expedition up the Red River 'tween Oklahoma and Texas for a brand new renaissance faire in Muenster, Texas! 'Tis called the "Red River Renaissance Fantasy Faire" and since it be the first year for these folk 'tis only going on the weekend of September 24-25, 2005. Four stages, over fifty vendors, and lots and lots and lots of great German food and BEER!! :huh: And, if that not be enough, then yer's truly, Blackbead, will be there with the finest pirate's black market still taking solid specie for plundered goods! Come see the most beautiful, hand-plundered jewelry on this or any side of the Spanish Main and some of the most unique and beautiful items of treasure from around the world!

Remember: Red River Renaissance Fantasy Faire

September 24th and 25th, 2005

Muenster, TX (Just a few short leagues off of

Interstate-35; go to Gainesville and

head west!)

And the magic word be "knucklebones." Come to Blackbead's pirate market, say the magic word, and ye'll get 15% off of any one item!

On deck, ye scurvy dogs! Time to set sail for gold, adventure, silver and a warm wench . . . or TWO!

Blackbead

Master of the "Adventure Fantasy"

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Aye, tis true what Blackbeard does say. Make plans to come out and join m'self and the rest of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Bilge Pumps and Scottish Mayhem as we kick off this wond'rful first year faire!

Havin' seen Blackbeard's treasures a'fore, ya want tae buy as many as ya can!

Here's tae seein' ya all in a fortnight! ;)

Capt'n Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

• 2 weeks later...

Poor William....It gets worse. There was a small faire in Tablerock this weekend, as well. :lol::lol:

Hail and well met, Capitaine Shaunassey and Blackbead! :lol: Perhaps we shall run across each other's paths. At least a few members of the Wayward Chylde shall be there come Saturday. ( A warm up run for TRF next month!)

Looking forward to it!! :lol:

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Poor William....It gets worse. There was a small faire in Tablerock this weekend, as well. :lol:   :lol:

Hail and well met, Capitaine Shaunassey and Blackbead! :lol: Perhaps we shall run across each other's paths. At least a few members of the Wayward Chylde shall be there come Saturday. ( A warm up run for TRF next month!)

Looking forward to it!! :lol:

Ohhhh it gets even worse. We have one decent faire locally and I thought it was next weekend.

It was this weekend. I found out an hour ago after it was all over. I shall now commit ceremonial suicide with a gardening spade and an ice cream scoop.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Ohhhh it gets even worse. We have one decent faire locally and I thought it was next weekend.

Now William, might I humbly suggest that if you find the faires in your locale to be lacking, that you get involved and make 'em better? :) Faires are only as good as the enthusiasm of the participants. And each faire, no matter their size or tickets sales, has something to teach a person and a lil' something makes each one special. I for one love the heart that is evident in each of the Tx faires I have had the honor of working at.

Perhaps you will come out and support this newest faire - yes it is small and yes, this is it's first year. But even TRF was a small first year faire at one time.

Hail and well met, Capitaine Shaunassey and Blackbead!  Perhaps we shall run across each other's paths. At least a few members of the Wayward Chylde shall be there come Saturday. ( A warm up run for TRF next month!)

Looking forward to it!!

Hail in return, Tempest! I look forward to crossing path's with you and your mates. Indeed, we too have been given approval thus far to perform Halloween weekend at TRF; am hoping to have that confirmed within the next week for scheduling purposes. Perhaps The Kiss shall encounter you at both places.

Until the week's end, fair winds to ya!

With Respects,

Cap'n Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

Now William, might I humbly suggest that if you find the faires in your locale to be lacking, that you get involved and make 'em better? :) Faires are only as good as the enthusiasm of the participants. And each faire, no matter their size or tickets sales, has something to teach a person and a lil' something makes each one special. I for one love the heart that is evident in each of the Tx faires I have had the honor of working at.

Yes, because what I needed after missing the only faire in the area was a gentle reminder that I should support the local faire.

(heavy sigh)

Did I say the local faire was lacking...?

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Hail in return, Tempest! I look forward to crossing path's with you and your mates. Indeed, we too have been given approval thus far to perform Halloween weekend at TRF; am hoping to have that confirmed within the next week for scheduling purposes. Perhaps The Kiss shall encounter you at both places.

Until the week's end, fair winds to ya!

With Respects,

Cap'n Emerald

Ahhhh Capitaine Shaunnassey, it appears that Fate did not play us a kind hand. I did, however, meet Monsuier Blackbead and his friend Rick.

We had the most delightful conversation regarding world history, grand gents both. I am almost embarrassed to say, that I have never been to the town of Muenster before. All of the folk I encountered seemed most friendly and inquisitive. ( And the local German fare to be had in town, was a treat to the digestive system.) I spoke with one of the orginizers who told us that one of the local papers dropped the ball in not releasing advertisment concerning the event until the last minute. ( So it was not as known of as it could have been.) She said that they would re-group and replan for next year. I salute their efforts, whole heartedly. Regardless of meager beginnings, we had a very good time as is known to happen when the crew gathers. It is a small event, but as you stated, they all start fairly small and it is only with support that they are able to grow to full potential.

Good luck to you in your scheduled appearence at TRF. Unfortunately, we will not be in attendance that weekend. ( Flintlock Jack and I, that is.)

We hope to make it closing weekend and will be down with the crew the weekend of the 15th / 16th in October.

Good journey to you, fair winds and following seas...

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

I missed it and will probably miss TRF as well. Darn leg. I can walk without crutches but only for short periods and I REFUSE to go on crutches! <_<

I am sorry to hear that you will be unable to attend TRF, Capitaine Siren. TRF is a wonderous experience, at least for now...

There is a roumor in the wind that Disney has bought it and this is a good / bad thing. Disney had the funding to raise the event to a grandious status...the problem is, they will more than likely "tame" it to make it more...er...politcally correct. ( Personally, I like the rough edges.) I believe it is the only Faire close to your area now, for Excalibur is no more.

Perhaps next year will treat you to the wonders of TRF. Best of luck and speedy recovery to you.

Ahoy, there, me fine feathered goddesses of the Sea! Ah, 'tis always a fine day when I see two of me most favorite lady pirates in the same place! 'Twas a pleasure, to be sure, to meet you, Fair Miz Fitzgerald and a true and continuing pleasure, without doubt, to see you again, Friend Emerald of the Emerald Sea and Emerald Isle. Heart-broken, I truly was, to have to set me sails early and depart from such fine company but Mister Brockman (me bo'sun) and meself had to tack trimly to get back to port to care for several crewmembers who were on the run from Hurricane Rita. I have digs down near the port of Beaumont, which survived handily the attack from the wind and rain, but me sainted mother and two of me scalawag brothers had to slip their moorings and find shelter alee of the storm here in me homeport. But the tidings be fair - all made it through safe and sound and . . . life goes on!

More to come!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."