Hurricane Relief Event

hurricane

Ahoy All!

The Pyrates of the Coast and Gaspar's Grotto are cohosting a Katrina Hurricane Relief event at Gaspar's in Ybor City, Sept. 3, from 6 p.m til midnight. We're asking all hands in the area to help out.

The Pyrates of the Coast will be entertaining, we will be auctioning off items and raising money to benefit victims of Hurricane Katrina.

If you can donate money or items, or can attend the event, please do so. 100% of all monies raised will go directly to the Hurricane Relief fund with the American Red Cross.

If you can't attend, please donate to the Red Cross at http://www.redcross.org or visit your local Red Cross to donate much needed blood.

Email me at hurricane@piratesofthecoast.com for information or to donate.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Forgot to mention... come in costume if ye likes. The more the merrier. Ol Chumbucket, creator of Talk Like a Pirate Day, is donating a couple autographed copies of their brand new book that's being released next week. OryginalCinn, one of our crewe, is donating autographed copies of her two books. And we're on the hunt for other nice items. The Pyrates have a beautiful mirror from the Polynesian Resort, a nice writer's kit in a wood case from Authentic Models and we may be throwing in a costume from Cutthroat Island into the auction as well.

If you're in the Central Florida area, don't miss this chance to make a difference while having some fun with your fellow pirates...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

More stuff to be auctioned....

Diosa will be auctioning off some of her line of pirate jewelry and will also have a Captain's coat up for bid there.

The Pyrates of the Coast will be performing 24 hour marriages for charity and we will be auctioning off our band.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

More stuff!!!!

Universal has donated 2 1 day/2 park passes to auction off at Gaspar's. This is valued at 150.00.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

More stuff to bid on. Area restaurants in Tampa are donating gift certificates and I just received the two autographed copies of the new book, Pirattitude.

- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Our own King's Pirate, Joseph O'Steen, Nautical Adventure Author, has donated two sets of his books, Falcon's Revenge and Pursuit of Honor.

I am donating a Cutthroat Island movie outfit (pants, shirt and jacket) out of my personal collection for the auction too.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

thanks for calling capt! proud to step up n do what i can...

i will be donating a good handful of some seriously awesome pirate beads....(the ones you really have to work for, lol)

am digging through closet to find some spare pirate clothes,

and maybe a few more goodies.

it's not much, but anything helps.

see ya'll there!!!!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Awesome . . . I hope your auction brought in a hold full of swag for those lads an' lasses down N'Awlins way...

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Thanks all!

I must say that we have the best crewe around. I'm always amazed at the generosity, willingness to turn on a dime and commitment to doing stuff like this, even on such impossibly short notice.

I am one blessed Captain and it is an honor serving with you all...

Thanks again!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

The auction was a rousing success. All told we raised $1000 for the Red Cross relief efforts.

I want to thank my crewe - Diosa, Animal, Paisley, OryginalCinn and Roxie for their outstanding work during the evening. It still amazes me that we could put this together in under 48 hours and make it a success.

It is due to all of you, as well as our partner in crime, Gaspar's Grotto.

We'd also like to thank Universal Studios, MouseSurplus, King's Pyrate, Chumbucket and the many others who donated goods for the auction portion of the evening.

And no one along Ybor's main drag will ever forget the ear splitting rendition of "If You're Happy and You Know It," pyrate style...

Thanks again, all!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

The auction was a rousing success. All told we raised $1000 for the Red Cross relief efforts.

I want to thank my crewe - Diosa, Animal, Paisley, OryginalCinn and Roxie for their outstanding work during the evening. It still amazes me that we could put this together in under 48 hours and make it a success.

It is due to all of you, as well as our partner in crime, Gaspar's Grotto.

We'd also like to thank Universal Studios, MouseSurplus, King's Pyrate, Chumbucket and the many others who donated goods for the auction portion of the evening.

And no one along Ybor's main drag will ever forget the ear splitting rendition of "If You're Happy and You Know It," pyrate style...

Thanks again, all!

-- Hurricane

I, for one, would like to thank you and your crew for your hard work to support such a magnificant cause....I lifts a glass to ye one and all....A Fine Bunch of Pirates Ye Be. :lol:

KIng's Pyratepirateflag1.gif

congratulations on the auction lad ....sorry i was unable to attend or offer an item for auction .....let me know if you plan another i will offer a portrait of anyone's favourite pirate to the highest bidder whenever you plan another ....congratulations for your quick response we have been donating relief suppies through our church here in PA lety me know if you need my services for the next fundraiser!!! :) :) :)