Calafia's Potrero Wars

As I understand it! (I found out about it through a vendor friend of mine having it listed as where she's going to be) I believes it be a war of men women and the arms of period battles and challenges for the best of who it be and the rites of said honorable achievments in staged (and not so staged) mock warring events. Long blades, rapiers, fencing, archery, battle axes (jausting, pistols, muskets and cannons me thinks too) But friends I know not of what it be I speak I should liken to have the very finest amonst us tell of said endeavors! Hawkins mayhaps should take the lead for explanation! Sir?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

I have friends that go to this. Personally I think they are nuts. It's located near the desert and they war in the middle of the heat, dust, and brush. No trees for miles. ;)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Ahh, Potrero, I remember it well. Hot, dusty, no wine for twenty miles if you should run out, and a long drive home back to Dreiburgen (when I lived there). But, the nightly revels were fun. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

This was in the dark ages, back in the 80's. No store then. Camped with a group from Dreiburgen, about 6-10 of us, depending. Personally, I liked Potrero, as it had a decent bathroom and shower, and there are trees, so you could camp in the shade. More than can be said for Estrella—if they still war there.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

This was in the dark ages, back in the 80's. No store then. Camped with a group from Dreiburgen, about 6-10 of us, depending. Personally, I liked Potrero, as it had a decent bathroom and shower, and there are trees, so you could camp in the shade. More than can be said for Estrella—if they still war there.

Yes they still do, a long time friend is an SCA memeber she has gotten me to go on a few occasion, I usuallu go to Potrero, because it's relatively close, but I hate going in the middle of summer, just to hot for me.