Destinations

In my many years on the ocean, have have been to many places and seen many interesting sights. The Admiral and I are currently landlocked,(but not for long) I want to find the ocean locations members have been to.

My personal ports of call include

St Lucia,

Cayman Islands,

Jamaica,

Cancun,

Bahama,

Virginia,

Maryland,

Florida,

Harbor of NY

Cape Ann,

Ports of New Hampshire.

In all of these ports, I have spent time under the sea searching for my gold lost in a previous time.

:huh:

alley.jpg

hummmmm let's see...

currently residing in northern va,

getting ready to set sail for tampa

so far i have:

baltimore, md.

all over eastern shore va & md

long beach area, nc

savannah, ga

cocoa beach area, fl

several islands in bahamas

jamaica (got married there)

st thomas (the best!)

puerto rico

grand cayman, c i

cozumel

acapulco

haiti

belize

& looking for more!.... i need a scuba buddy!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

A list of ports i've made. MMMM Well I be on the beach temporarily, but goes

Maine

Massachusetts

Connecticut

Rhode Island

New York

Virginia

New Jersey

Cape Hatterus

Florida

Texas

Washington

california

Hawaii

Puerto Rico

Philipines

Guam

Okinawa

Tahiti

Austrailia

Diego Garcia

Singapore

Hong Kong

Thailand

Korea

Japan

Argentia

Kenya

Isreal

Sicily

Spain

France

England

Grenada

Sounds like alot. But I was in the Navy. Did alot of diving. An experieince I wouldn't trade, though I paid for it.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

oh yeah scupper?

well...i forgot to mention TURKEY!

(dad was stationed there in air farce)

i can see your jealousy! lol

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Ay I not be jealous lass. I be lucky to have served. How many guys can say they were some many places by their 21st birthday

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Jeesh! living and working-all states, 40 some countries, all of Pacific(well, Malaysia to Alaska's North Slope, but thats most of it), Sailed most of the way around, Ship at the head of my harbor, Lord Jim, on 5th time around, they just came back from 25 years at sea, just long enough to retrofit. Never have taken a vacation to anywhere, too busy. Doing a delivery(yacht from Mexico soon,) and may head south myself after,if'n the whim strikes. Last responsibilities locally October, but my Dr. could very well screw up another winter for me...He's a sailor,too. Left me alone for most of the San Francisco sailing season....Central America whenever they get done with me, and I get at least halfway done on the Ship. If one waits till everything is ready, you'll never go...sail on....

CA, OR, WA, AZ, NY, NJ, NM, CO, VA, UT

Mexico (only as far as Nogales)

and Egypt, to Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, as far down as Abu Simbel.

I live in CA and lived briefly for six months in AZ, before I came running home to CA. (Once a California girl, always a California girl!)

High points in Arizona were...

Drafting on the Roundy Crossing archaeological dig. It was an 800 year old pueblo, with an older pit house beneath it in Pinedale AZ, in the Apache-Sitgrieves Nat'l Forest. I did the first mapping of the site, working with a compass, kneeling in the dirt over a plywood drafting board and grid paper, which I later transfered to AutoCAD. I did manually drafted lab drawings of projectile points, taking measurements with calipers and drawing them by hand, as CAD isn't used on archaeological artifacts. Computers just can't reproduce the human touch in a hand-made artifact like a draftsman's hand can. I did and soil elevations 8 feet below ground, recording the different layers of occupation on the site. I also did some digging and some cleaning of artifacts when we got back to the lab. My 12 year old son decided to dig on an unexplored portion of the site... and discovered a previously undetected wall!!

Dig photos

Another high point in AZ was doing Helldorado Days in Tombstone dressed as a Saloon girl, participating in the parade and a couple of reenactments, walking the same streets that Doc Holiday and Wyatt Earp did and drinking shots of whiskey in a 100+ year old saloon. (great times those were!!)

Also good in AZ was intertubing the Salt River. Then I was ready to come home!! (Not the friendliest place to single moms.)

My son and I took a great trip through the Four Corners area, staying at youth hostels and visiting the Native American cliff dwellings.

I went twice to Egypt- first when I was single, so I went on an educational tour led by Mohammed Shata, an Egyptologist working under Dr. Zahi Hawass, and then again when I returned after my marriage to Saber, with both our sons. We went on our own and one of our best days was one spent sailing the nile in a felucca (traditional wooden sailboat) in Aswan.

In Washington DC, I visited the Library of Congress & the DAR Museum, to see the letters that were written by my revolutionary ancestors and the wedding dress of one of the same ancestors.

But without question, some of my best days to date have been aboard the Royaliste in my own proverbial back yard.

Vactions on the beach sipping umbrella drinks aren't my thing... I'll take history any day! Give me something old to explore, some dirt and a trowel, or a ship and some water, that's where I'm happiest. Life is too great an adventure to spend getting a tan!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Places I've lived/worked/played, most land-locked, but still had fun!

Dallas, TX

Terlingua, TX

Alpine, TX

Galveston, TX

Houston, TX

Santa Helena, Mexico

Ojinaga, Mexico

Matamores, Mexico

Fort Myers, FL

Miami, FL

New York, NY

Pennsylvania

New Orleans

San Francisco

Portland

Seattle

Taos

Santa Fe

Carlsbad

New Orleans

San Diego

Phoenix

New Orleans

Atlanta

Savannah (one of my favorite places)

Boston

Salem, MA

New Jersey

Chicago

New Orleans ( I love NOLA )

Can Cun

###United Kingdom###

All over the UK, but especiallly

London (can't say enough 'bout the UK...)

Reading

Liverpool

Edinburgh

Stirling (of Wm. Wallace fame)

Wales, FishHead

###Ireland###

Waterford City

Dublin

Limerick

County Cork

All over southern Ireland

Colorado - All of it........

Sailed the Irish Sea half dozen times... don't know if that counts as ocean, but it sure felt like it........

Got a speeding ticket somewhere between Clayton and Raton, NM about 20 years ago... never paid it.... shoulda saved that for the Confessional Chamber!

I'd trade all me travels to be a swab on the Royaliste. Ah to be climbing the rigging, standing watch, flemmishing lines. running out the cannon, throwing grapples, SWINGING ABAORD THE OTHER VESSEL, GUTTING THE ENEMY, BURNING THE LOT, SHARING IN THE PLUNDER, RELAXING OVER THE RUM. OOPs sorry got carried away. Like I said, to be a humble swab.

Scupper

So Scupper here's what ye' do....

ye' phones up yer boss and ye' say-

"I be a-takin' me vacation time!! ARRRRRR!!!!!"

and hang up real quick-like afore he can answerz yez. Then ye email the captain and ye sayz

"I'm on me way! Clear a bunk fer me scurvy arse!! ARRRRRRRRRRR!!!"

Then ye' git yerself through airport SEAcurity and come blast the hell out o' every ship in sight, swill rum with the wenches and have a grand olde time that ye will remember the rest o' yer life!

:ph34r:

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

HAHAHA I be loving that idea me fair Quill!!!! Corse I'd be set adrift after that. May not be so bad after all. Anyone need a Coast Guard permited novice seaman? Have cutlass, will travel.

Scupper