St. Augustine Raid

hurricane

The Pyrates of the Coast will be raiding St. Augustine Saturday, July 23. We have a large force of raiders (18 at last count). We'll be at the fort for the 3:30 firing of the fort cannon (one of our pirates is working undercover on cannon duty - argh!) and then we're off to town. At 8, we'll be at Taberna de Gallo... we'll be looking for all of our nautical and piratical friends there.

-- Hurricane

Captain of The Pyrates

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

<_< Hate that i am going to miss out on that. It is close enough for me to drive, but I will be working. Any chance It will be in the Jacksonville paper on Sunday? <_<

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

The Pyrates of the Coast will be raiding St. Augustine Saturday, July 23. We have a large force of raiders (18 at last count). We'll be at the fort for the 3:30 firing of the fort cannon (one of our pirates is working undercover on cannon duty - argh!) and then we're off to town. At 8, we'll be at Taberna de Gallo... we'll be looking for all of our nautical and piratical friends there.

-- Hurricane

Captain of The Pyrates

I'll try ta drop by and say Hey!......If I don't make it, then WELCOME TA ST. AUGUSTINE!

Joe(KP) <_<

rumor had it that you were there, kings pyrate, i'm sorry i didn't get to meet you.

and capt william, you were right...well worth the visit! only next time im staying the weekend and im NOT wearing a bodice (all day) in july EVER....EVER....EVER AGAIN

;)

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Would have loved to have been there! Maybe next time! Sounds like you all had a blast...!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Ahoy Paisley, you looked grand in the bodice. Hopefully it won't be a heat index of 104 next time - would make bodice wearing easier.

I had the pleasure of meeting the King's Pirate at the fort. It was an honor.

Thanks all for coming to our invasion. A crewe or 15 is always wonderful to have, particularly when there were only a handful of Spanish troops in town. It was an easy takeover.

-- Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

rumor had it that you were there, kings pyrate, i'm sorry i didn't get to meet you.

and capt william, you were right...well worth the visit! only next time im staying the weekend and im NOT wearing a bodice (all day) in july EVER....EVER....EVER AGAIN

:blink:

Sorry I missed you too but what a large crowd braved the heat to see the pirates and watch the canon being fired. I did get to meet Captain Hurricane's spy, a kindly young man who rescued me from an inquiring Spanish soldier. Together, we were able to keep the soldiers busy till the Pirates of the Coast took the fort...lol

Perhaps next time we can spend more time together in a cooler place.

pirateflag1.gif

Ahoy Paisley, you looked grand in the bodice. Hopefully it won't be a heat index of 104 next time - would make bodice wearing easier.

perhaps i could talk diosa into making a new bodice....mayhaps a lighter color (gee i wonder what color?) instead of heat-absorbing black...and also made out of "coolmax"??? lol

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

I take it that you guys just went down and it wasn't an official St Augustine historical raid?

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF