'Ello from the San Diego Comic Con!

Christine

It's after midnight here, had a late dinner and decided to go to the hotel's business center and check my email. Wow, I've only been gone since Wednesday and I feel I've missed a lot here. So far it's been a lot of fun, keeping busy by walking up and down the isles of the booths and all. Tomorrow is the big day, Saturdays are always crazy! Ugh, it's going to be a long day. Well, talk with you all some time on Sunday....that is if I don't run to Disneyland and use my annual passport to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Pirates ride. Yup, 50 years ago on July 17th Pirates opened it's doors. Woo-hoo! Anyway, see ya all laterz!

Miss ya Phil! :(

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Actually, according to the Disney site, Pirates of the Caribbean Facts and Figures: Opening Day: March 18, 1967 . So in 2007, it'll be 40.

I knew it couldn't be 50. I was there in 1959 and there was no ride then. Back then, you had to be content with Safariland, Sleeping Beauty's Castle and the PeterPan ride.

It IS the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland, however.

Trapper

Captain of the Tinker's Damn

Keep having fun Christine!

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Actually, according to the Disney site, Pirates of the Caribbean Facts and Figures: Opening Day: March 18, 1967 . So in 2007, it'll be 40.

I knew it couldn't be 50. I was there in 1959 and there was no ride then. Back then, you had to be content with Safariland, Sleeping Beauty's Castle and the PeterPan ride.

It IS the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland, however.

Trapper

Yeah, I realized that some time after I posted, but was too tired and didn't want to pay another $5.95 to use the net. It's the actual date of when Disneyland opened, July 17th, 1955. Someone at Comic Con had mentioned tho that they were going to do something special at the Pirates ride, don't know what it was. I decided not to go today anyway. Too tired for one thing and also, everyone in their mother would be there! It would be a mad house! Naw, I have this coming Tuesday off and so does my sister. Her and I are going to spend the day there. Might not even be that crowded then. Wishful thinking! <_<

*Long, exhausting sigh............* My goodness, what a fun, but exhausting time I had at comic con. Aye, I did get some good pictures and I'll be posting soon. I saw Captain Wolfy Wench again a couple of times. Also saw my friend Toby running around as Captain Jack Sparrow for almost all of the convention, except for today. It was Willy Wonka today-lol! I've told him before he should come here to post, but just hasn't become a member. He's part of the Pirates costuming yahoo group. I met him thru my other friend Kenny, the Elvis Trooper-lol! One of the cool things was the Disney panel, they showed some never before seen footage from Pirates 2. Very cool to see that stuff! :)

Alrighty, back to the ol' grind, sighs.......unpack my stuff and get ready for work tomorrow...double sighs..... :ph34r:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg