What you be eating right this second?

Silent

Bread porridge.

Very stale bread chopped to bits (or substitute ships biscuit), onions diced and sweated a little oil, chicken broth, tomatoes, basil, garlic, cayenne, black pepper, and salt. If you don't have tomatoes use more onions.

Simmer for half an hour.

Economical and tasty.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawaiian chicken rice-bowl with sweet and spicy sauce, and a glass of box Merlot.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 2 weeks later...

I need to go grocery shopping; the cupboard's kinda bare.

Today for lunch, I had a can of 'Spicy Peanut Satay Tuna' spread on crackers. I would have had cucumber slices with it, but the cucumber in the fridge is a couple weeks old and looks sorta pale and withered now.

Hmm... time to clean out the fridge, too, I guess.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Copied down. How is it in winter?

Bread porridge.

Very stale bread chopped to bits (or substitute ships biscuit), onions diced and sweated a little oil, chicken broth, tomatoes, basil, garlic, cayenne, black pepper, and salt. If you don't have tomatoes use more onions.

Simmer for half an hour.

Economical and tasty.

Damn, thats sharp!

Not right now, but sometime later today, I shall be munching on *German* potato chips...Hungarian flavour! (How do they get that Hungarian flavour? Well, first you take your Hungarians, then you grind them up to a fine paste...)

No no no! You see, it's got paprika...likely Hungarian Sweet. Gives the chip something of a smokey and even slightly bacony flavour. Surprisingly, the chips aren't particularly salty, which is good.

Damn, thats sharp!

Nothing... ;)

All I've had time for is a coffee

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 2 weeks later...

My first attempt at a smoothy...Yum

1 Banana

1/2 cup plain yogurt

1/4 cup milk

Squirt of wildflower honey

two ice cubes

Measurements are approximate, because actually, I just threw stuff in the bowl, then adjusted after I buzzed it up.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

My first attempt at a smoothy...Yum

1 Banana

1/2 cup plain yogurt

1/4 cup milk

Squirt of wildflower honey

two ice cubes

Measurements are approximate, because actually, I just threw stuff in the bowl, then adjusted after I buzzed it up.

Aren't smoothies awesome? I throw some green in ours (you can pick up some frozen, fresh or powdered wheat grass at any good health food store, or if you're lucky (unlike myself) you can find em in yer "normal" grocery store) either wheat grass, kale, or whatever else I can grab, keeping it low so to still actually want to drink it and not just hold my nose and open my throat and pray I don't taste it (happens often :/)

Protein powder (flavored) is pretty good in them also, I get vanilla and throw in a whole scoop and dive in, after not tasting dairy for so long, it's seriously a good treat for me, ha.

Now you have me wanting to taste wildflower honey! I only used clover honey before being vegan, and now just alternative sweetners (beet sugar, natural yet non-animal sweetners etc) how does wildflower compare? (Now I am suddenly craving honey! Darn you.)

Oh, heck, Bess, everyone knows that champagne is one of the major food groups! The peach is just dessert. :P

Oh, and Abigail. My local store sells all kinds of honey Wildflower, Blueberry, Orange Blossom, Clover, etc. Also, I get honey from "The bee man" at the Saturday growers market. He has even more flavors. Wildflower is my fav, as it is darker, and has a stronger, richer flavor than the others. Some people don't like it for that very reason.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Fresh Strawberries, Cool Whip Lite and pieces of Anisette sponge ..and a Tea..mmmmmmm

Oh, heck, Bess, everyone knows that champagne is one of the major food groups! The peach is just desert. :ph34r:

HA!!

I KNEW I could count on you for support! :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Oh, heck, Bess, everyone knows that champagne is one of the major food groups! The peach is just desert. :ph34r:

HA!!

I KNEW I could count on you for support! :ph34r:

Always! :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

It's too hot to cook..we're calling out for a pizza..

Pizza is a food group

pizza-cat.jpg