(Faux) Pirate Party in Chicago

greenighs

The members of Seahorse.org are having a Pirate Party at the Crowne Plaza International Chicago (O'Hare) this Friday night. It's the Silly Pirate Variety. Oriental Trading Company, Dead Men Tell No Tales, Port Royal, etc. We're not historical reenactors (except that we plan to have as good a time at this party as we did at the last one). But, we have fun. And pirate attire is required (mostly bandanas eye patches, and fake mustaches, forgive us). B)

So, if you don't mind hanging out with a bunch of aquarium/wanna-be-pirate geeks, and aren't sticklers for authenticity, and like beer, music, and mayhem please come by. We're thinkin' 9:30-10ish until the tide goes out.

Crowne Plaza

Chicago, O'Hare

5440 North River Road

Rosemont, IL 60018

Room numbers to be announced on Wednesday evening.

Oh, and anyone who's into saltwater fish or coral reefs: we're in town for the International Marine Aquarium Conference (IMAC) which runs Friday through Sunday at the hotel. Come by our booth, Seahorse.org!

Hmmmm.... Keep me informed about this, as I might be able to drop in on ye. It's on my map, and I have it in me sights, let's see if I can get it entered into the ship's log.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

• 7 months later...

Last year's Pirate Party was a grand time for all (except the poor folks in the room nextdoor, who finally gave up and moved). I think the inflatable seahorse raft was my favorite, very comfy, a great place to relax with a cute deckhand and get salty!

This year's Pirate Party is April 28, also at the Crown Plaza O'Hare. I'm there for the IMAC conference, representing Seahorse.org with my mates, and we'll raising hell as usual. No, we're not real pirate reenactors, we just like to have a good time. Hope some of you can join us, I'll post the room again when the time comes. All pirates and fish geeks welcome!